𝐎𝐧𝐞

"Hey." Jolene walks towards Beau with the manager's file. Jenny and Cassie working on the missing person case together leaving Beau and Jolene to work this by themselves.

"Hey," Beau says as Jolene hands him the file.

"The hostage Faith grabbed wasn't just some random guy." Jolene walks with Beau when he starts.

"Lay it on me, 'cause I've been wondering why somebody who broke out of prison had a pocket full of stolen cash would have taken a store manager hostage," Beau responds.

"The manager, William Camp, is the brother of her ex-boyfriend, who she blames for her conviction." Jolene ends her explanation.

"Revenge?" Beau questions. "Solid motive. I like it." He admits.

"Yep, me, too." Jolene does love her revenge. Especially when she and Yasmina egged Yasmina's bully's house when they poured a smoothie on her head Riverdale style, but she won't admit that to anyone.

   "Yeah, I don't know about that." Poppernak joins their conversation. "Faith Cole's ex-boyfriend is in prison. Got picked up for stealing a thresher six months ago."

   "Hmm. Well, there goes our revenge theory." Beau looks at Jolene.

   "Not necessarily." Jolene doesn't agree.

   "Who steals a thresher, honestly?" Beau's confused about why a person would steal a thresher of all things.

   "I stole a riding mower once, back in my, uh, old days." Poppernak is quick to add "back in my old days."

   "Of course you did, you rebel." Beau comments. "Anything else in her past seem hinky?" He flips through the manager's file.

   "Not really." Poppernak states. "She's single, no kids, both parents deceased, and no siblings."

   "Hmm. What about the hostage? Do we have an address on him?" Beau comes back to the manager being held against his will by the prisoner. "Maybe there's something there we're not seeing. Did you put a BOLO out on the car?"

   Jolene can't wait to tell Jenny that Beau's good at his job and she shouldn't give him crap, nor throw a tantrum if he does become permanent sheriff.

   "Yes, sir." Poppernak answers.

   "What'd I say about calling me sir?" Beau asks Poppernak. He's stated before that he prefers everyone to call him Beau and no formalities.

   "Sorry, sir. Uh, damn." Poppernak apologizes and realizes he's done it once again. "Um, I mean Beau. I gotta — got to lock that in." He turns to Jolene nervous and she gives a warm smile. "Uh, and yes, I have an address for the store manager." He hands Beau a sticky note with the manager's address.

   Beau takes the sticky and looks at Jolene, "Help him."

   "I suggest stopping sucking up to him." Jolene offers some advice.

   "Got it." Poppernak nods his head before going back to work and Jolene's phone starts ringing.

   Jolene checks the caller ID seeing it's Yasmina.

   "Hey, peanut," Jolene answers swiftly and quietly as she steps out of the station. "Is everything okay?" The worry of a mother kicks in.

   "Everything's fine, jelly," Yasmina calls Jolene by the nickname she gave her. "I just wanted to call and ask when you'll be home and what's for dinner."

   "I don't know and I don't know," Jolene responds. "So that leaves you to choose dinner and I'll pick it up or make it, and I'll try to get out of here before seven." In Chicago and Los Angeles, Jolene always made sure she was home in time to have dinner with Yasmina.