𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

"Peanut?" Jolene yells in the house when she checks Yasmina's bedroom and doesn't find her. Worry starts to kick in as Jolene always wakes her daughter up. "Yasmina?" She walks down the stairs, checks the living then turns to the kitchen.

Jolene's phone starts ringing her daughter's personal ringtone and she picks up swiftly, "Where are you?"

"When I say this I'm not in any trouble, but I'm at the station and you need to hurry here," Yasmina tells Jolene and she speaks up before she can respond. "I love you. See you when you get here." With that Yasmina ends the call.

"What the hell?" Jolene looks at her phone completely lost.

𒊹︎

Jolene pulls into the parking lot of the station and notices her daughter standing out front with a huge smile. Jolene swiftly pulls into a parking spot and hops out to walk to Yasmina.

"What's happening?" Jolene questions when she stands in front of Yasmina.

"It's a surprise so close your eyes or I'll cover them myself," Yasmina says and Jolene squints her eyes as she doesn't know whether to trust her or not. "Just close your eyes." Jolene gives in and closes her eyes and Yasmina walks her into the station.

   Walking into the station, the whole room is silent and Jolene's really questioning what's happening now.

   "Okay, open your eyes," Yasmina says and Jolene does so.

   "Surprise!" Everyone screams and Jolene becomes more confused than before when she notices the decorations spread around the room.

   "I saw your laptop and you were looking for houses outside of Montana," Yasmina informs Jolene and she scrunches her eyebrows.

   "You're not leaving Montana!" One of the officers yells and Jolene's frown of confusion turns into a warm grin.

   "I'll lock you in my basement if I have to." Cassie joins Jolene's side with a cheeky smile. "This was all Beau's idea." She whispers in her ear.

   Even when they have a criminal locked in the building, the whole station crowds together with smiles and tells Jolene she's not allowed to leave. Everyone still chatters, even Yasmina talks with their fellow officers and deputies.

   "Do you like it?" Beau walks up to Jolene.

   "I would have thought this was all Yasi, but a little birdie told me it was all you," Jolene smirks as Beau becomes shy. "I love it, but you didn't have to do all this." She twirls her index finger.

   "I had to do something." Beau shrugs. "There's no way I was letting my favorite twin leave town." A sheepish smile graces his lips as he looks away from Jolene and scans the room, watching everyone interact. "I was telling Cassie that I'd fire Jenny if it meant you not leaving." The confession makes Jolene chuckle.

   "Thank you." Jolene stands on her tiptoes to place a kiss on Beau's cheek but he turns to face her and they kiss. Jolene swiftly lands flat on her feet and both of their faces flush a crimson red.

   "Dolly!" Cassie comes over at what Jolene believes is perfect timing. "I'm gonna take her away from you for a minute." She glances at Beau before dragging Jolene across the room. "Did I see what I just saw?"

   "It was an accident," Jolene says as she feels her heart beating fast and heavily.

   "Who cares?" Cassie asks. "Accident or not, you two finally kissed." The sentence makes Jolene's eyebrows raise in shock. "Yasi isn't the only one who's been wanting you two together." She crosses her arms.