𝐓𝐰𝐨

"Hey," Jolene stops Yasmina before she walks out the door to meet some new people.

"Yeah?" Yasmina turns around.

"Lunch, peanut," Jolene points to the fridge just in case Yasmina doesn't want to eat out for lunch. "Also, I don't know when I'll be home and you get to choose dinner again."

"Thank you," Yasmina looks from the fridge to her mother. "And that'll be all I think about while I'm out." She jokes about how her mother is allowing her to choose what they're having for dinner. "Maybe bring Sheriff Gorgeous over tonight. I'll personally cook." She wiggles her eyebrows.

"I'm not inviting Beau over for dinner," Jolene shakes her head, "and anyways you can't cook, last time you gave me salmonella."

"Come on," Yasmina groans in annoyance. "Mom, when was the last time you got laid?" Her question makes Jolene's eyes about pop out of their sockets. "Exactly!"

"Though my sex life is none of my daughter's business," Jolene tries to make it evident anyone's daughter — anyone's child — shouldn't be asking their parent about their sex life, "I'm not going to sleep with my boss."

"Mhm." Yasmina squints her eyes. "I'm leaving now." She opens their front door. "Do get handsy on the job." She winks before swiftly shutting the door.

"This girl is going to be the death of me." Jolene shakes her head as she leans against the countertop with a smile.

𒊹︎

"Oh, shit," Jolene mumbles as she watches Tonya walk to the police station, noticing Jenny's car in the parking lot, too.

"That is so good!" Jolene hears Beau's voice before anyones. "There's, like, layers of flavor with the pickled onions —"

"The fries, beef tallow." Poppernak finishes Beau's sentence.

"I don't even know what that is." Beau laughs as Jolene walks up to him.

"Where's Jenny?" Jolene questions fast, not caring that Beau hasn't even swallowed his bite of the sandwich he's holding.

"Hoyt!" Beau notices Jenny and points to her, so Jolene can follow his line of sight. "Oh, you gotta try this!" He motions for the sandwich as Jenny hands a folder to a deputy.

"It's from the Blue Fox Diner," Poppernak explains and Jolene mentally facepalms. Everything's about to go to shit. "It's a new menu item. I'm sort of the beta tester."

"Please tell me that's not true." Jenny walks closer to the three.

"What, is there some sort of health-code violation I need to know about?" Beau looks to Poppernak.

"No." Poppernak shakes his head.

"That's Tonya's place." Jolene informs Beau while she shakes her head in a "stop before she kills you" way.

"Copy that." Beau points at Jolene before facing Jenny. "Your mortal enemy. Well, she makes a damn good sandwich."

"No. Tonya doesn't make anything." Jenny assures Beau. "It's her bearded lapdog, Donno."

"Well, not for nothing, but that guy's got skills." Beau looks between Jolene and Poppernak and the two men share a laugh while Jolene silently prays Jenny doesn't kill them in their sleep.

"Everyone has their own unique gift." Poppernak shares a smile with the three.

"Tonya and Donno are criminals." Jenny tries to screw the information in their brains.