♛ ONE ♛

Published:
12 September 2017, 2:05am

_______________________

❁ One ❁❝You bet your sweet ass, Sheriff

One
You bet your sweet ass, Sheriff.
_______________________

{Edited}

The shotgun shells scattered among the ground, every soft sound catching the attention of others. Backed up across the wall with nowhere to go, only terror drowned me. The taunting growls advanced towards me as my jagged breath could be heard under their deathly sounds. BANG! BANG!

Where was I to go? I was getting surrounded. The shotgun was the only weapon I could use, other than the blunt knife tucked away in my boot. It was useless. I was going to die out here. Ripped apart by the undead. Moving corpses that had risen from the dead. It didn't take long for the city to be overrun. Not even within a week and it's already scattered with them. And not even a month alone in the overrun State and I'm already going to die. No family. No friends. No one but me. Alone.

The last of the shotgun shells scattered to the ground, hearing the terrifying click of the weapon as I tossed it to the ground beside me. All I had left was the blunt knife. It was the only thing that would help me survive for just a few seconds before I would feel their rotting nails dig into my skin.

My hands wrap around the handle of the knife, holding it out in front of me in preparation to attack. I itched on my feet, trying to find any way to escape while I still could. But it was all blocked off. There were too many of them. This is what I get for shooting the shotgun. Although it was the last weapon I had, it was a stupid idea to shoot it. I should've used something else. Maybe a can? The shelves in the store? Maybe some out-of-date food? But it was no use. What's done is done. And here I am, going to die in an unknown area, ripped apart by the rotting flesh of the undead.

I hadn't even been given the chance to search for my brothers. They're gone. God knows where they are. Maybe if I took that self-defence class when I was 16, I'd have better luck at surviving out here. Or even took interest in hunting with my two older brothers and my father. That would've helped a lot. Maybe make a huge difference in the situation I was stuck in now. But who would've known that the world would've ended and those little classes and little hobbies would've helped for a time like this? No one knew it was coming. No one knew what was happening. And no one even knows how it happened or what they even are.

Taking a deep breath, I dropped the weapon. It clattered to the ground by my feet. There's no use in fighting. I was going to die anyway. Closing my eyes as I huddled against the wall, I waited for their rotting teeth to sink into my skin. I listened quietly to their taunting growls growing louder as they closed in on me. Any second and I'd feel the pain. Any minute and it'd be all over. Waiting. Quietly. It was agonising.