♛ SEVEN ♛

Published:
12 November 2018, 6:13pm

_______________________

❁ Seven ❁❝Graves?❞❝For the dead

Seven
Graves?
For the dead.
_______________________

{Edited}

I had watched as the van rolled away up the hill until I could no longer see it. The sun was still bright, but the soft winds made no difference to the heat. It had grown more hotter throughout the day. I preferred the cold breeze from this morning rather than the heat I had to bare now. I wished I could go to the city with my brother, I need to get Merle back, too. I was just as much responsible as the rest of the small group that was there with me.

"Belle, come with me." I looked towards Dale as he strolled past me. Having no clue in what he needed, I followed the old man. Up the hill through the unbearable heat, I followed the sweaty back old man who clung onto his shotgun tightly. What in God's name did he want?

But the time I had reached the top, my breathing was uneven and sweat was dripping down my face and back and more likely creating a pool in my shoes. "Dale, why are we here?" I questioned the old man, trying to keep myself cool through the heat. But he never replied to my question. Before I could question the man again, I looked up to see a camp member, Jim, digging away in the dirt. He was creating holes. Holes large enough to fit a human. What was this delusional man planning?

"Jim? You okay?" Dale called to the determined man. "You keep this up, you're gonna keel over out here. Drink some water at least." Jim ignored Dale. I made my way beside Dale, keeping a close eye on the man. "Get the group. I'll keep watch of him." Dale looked to me, not moving. I looked to the man, holding eye contact with him before he nodded his head and made his way back down the hill. I took this as my time to try and talk to Jim.

"Jim?" I called, not seeming to catch his attention. "Jim? Are you okay?" I stepped forward, placing a hand on his shoulder before he swung the shovel in my direction. I ducked in time before the shovel could make impact to my head. I stepped away from him, finding the man dangerous as he continued digging holes, acting as if he hadn't had just swung at me. "You are one crazy dude." I muttered to myself.

"I'm not crazy." Jim quickly defended. I tilted my head, now having his attention, I took this as my time to question the man. "What are you doing Jim?" He didn't dare stop, but at least he was answering me.

"Digging."

"What are you digging for?"

I looked down the hill, catching the sight of Dale as he had just made his way down the hill and to the group. He looked exhausted from hoisting himself up and down the hill. I realised quickly that Jim hadn't answered me. "Jim?"

"Graves." He answered.

"Graves?"

"For the dead."