♛ FOUR♛

Published:
6 October 2018, 9:30pm

_______________________

❁ Four ❁❝Merle!❞_______________________

Four
Merle!
_______________________

{Edited}

Every step drummed through my head tauntingly. After so many months of searching for my brothers, I may have actually found them. I had come so far by foot and they had been hunkered down in the city of Atlanta, Georgia. I could hear the metal door creaking as it is pushed open up ahead. I follow just behind Glenn as slowly, everyone is piling out of the dim staircase and out into the sunlit rooftop. I let the door slam behind as I follow the small city survivors onto the rooftop and near the ledge where a man is standing on the edge of the rooftop with a rifle in hand and pointed to the ground below. His back was faced towards the group and pays no attention to them and only on scoping below.

The man was wearing a rather familiar vest. I swear my brother used to own one exactly just like it. But considering I haven't seen him for 4 years, it's hard to tell if it is his or not.

"Hey, Dixon," T-Dog called to the man. "Are you crazy?" He questioned, trying to stop the man from calling the undead to the building. But all he did was chuckle at T-Dog from behind and squeezed the trigger of the rifle. The gunshot echoed around us, bouncing off the taunting buildings around the rooftop we were on. "Oh jeez," Andrea muttered, seeming to catch the mans attention as he turned around to acknowledge the group.

My breath hitched at his all too familiar face. He stilled looked the same from the last time I had seen him. I hadn't seen him for 4 years, and yet he hasn't even changed a bit. And from the last time I had seen him, was when he was sent to jail for whatever he was sent there for. I wasn't home when the police had arrived and took him away, and my family refused to tell me what he had done to get into trouble by the police.

"Hey! Y'all be more polite to a man with a gun! Huh?" I watched as my brother jumped down from the ledge, not taking notice of me standing within the small group. "Only common sense." He finished as he took a few steps closer to the group standing just before him. "Man, you wasting bullets we ain't even got!" T-Dog scolded. Many people dared not to speak as they watched the commotion unfold before them. And I was one of them. I dared not to intervene in something that didn't involve me. It may involve someone that is family, but I've learned not to intervene with many things. And this was something.

Merle's familiar laugh came as a response to T-Dog's complaining. But this taunting laugh didn't stop T-Dog from complaining. "And you're bringing even more of them down on our ass! Man, just chill." He ordered him. I could tell some of the small group were terrified of Merle. I'm not surprised. We were the typical redneck that practically lived on hunting. I was forbidden to hunt with my brothers, which was one of their deals that my brothers had made with my father. They didn't like the idea of having me joining them on hunts. So, they made some sort of deal with my father and I had never been hunting once with them. And either way, if I had a choice, I never liked the idea of killing animals. I may have wanted to go with them most times, but I didn't think I'd be able to kill an animal if it came to it. I just usually wanted to tag along so that I wasn't left behind at home.