♛ FIVE ♛

Published:
8 November 2018, 9:44pm

Published:8 November 2018, 9:44pm

Five
I prefer Belle, thanks.
_______________________

{Edited}

How could I leave him? I could I have left my brother on that roof. He's still cuffed there. He's a prisoner on that roof. Yet I'm stuck in the back of a van, sweating a river out as I stared at the metal rolling doors. I didn't have much of a choice. The small group was pulling me to the loading dock before I could have a chance to help T-Dog get my brother out. But when he arrived at the loading dock, a horde of the undead following behind him and no Merle Dixon with him, I knew what had happened. He left him there while he ran for his life. I was going to run into that horde for him, but I was dragged into the back of the van as T-Dog dived in just as the rolling doors slammed shut and the van began moving.

I couldn't speak. I couldn't breathe. I was glued to where I was seated, staring at the rolling doors. The group let out breaths of relief at their rather close escape. But no one said anything either. Until one voice pierced the quiet van. "I dropped the damn key." I felt my body stiffen at T-Dog's statement. I turned to him, glaring daggers at the man. If looks could kill, he'd be dead. "Why didn't you pick it up?" I growled angrily. The man looked at me, and so did the rest of the group at the sound of my voice. "It fell in a drain." He answered.

Closing my eyes to keep calm, I turn to face the rolling doors. I needed to get to him. I can't just do nothing and leave him up there to die. "Where's Glenn?" I rolled my eyes as the small group changed the subject. You could hear a faint siren catching up to the van before the screeching alarm shoots past and everyone is standing to see who it's coming from. "At least somebody's having a good day." Morales states at the front. The rest of the trip is silent, the only sound is the engine of the van and the sound of the tires moving underneath.

I let my head rest among the side of the van, my gaze kept on the rolling doors as I thought back to the rooftop. We should have let Merle out of those cuffs first before we left. But everyone was too busy thinking of escaping to think of my brother. How could this group be so stupid as to not think of all their members? I know. Survival of the fittest. But you are a group. It doesn't look good on you to strand group members and leave them behind.

The trip doesn't take long before the van is driving along a bumpy windy road and soon halts to a stop. One by one, the members jump up and exit the van from the rolling doors. I stare at the dirt road we had just come from. Morales and Rick were still in the van. "Come meet everyone." Morales offered Rick before jumping out of the van. "Amy." Andrea called out before an unknown voice returns. "Andrea!" You could hear the laughter of relief from other camp members just outside the van. "Papi! Daddy!" Two young voices screech. I wanted to just disappear. I should've just stayed on that roof with my brother. But I'm just as bad as this group. I abandoned my brother on that roof just like the rest of this group.