Triggered-Brandon

Something isn't right.

As soon as my phone notified me that Rain had posted a new picture, I knew whatever was waiting for me beyond that lock screen was bad. I felt it in my gut. When my phone went off again, telling me she tagged me in a story, I clenched my fist. What did I miss? Glancing at the date on my phone, I'm reassured that I didn't forget her birthday, our anniversary or anything to important. I see the time and try to remember when it got so late. She's probably pissed that it's almost one in the morning and I'm not home. Which has become the norm lately.
I've been buried alive in the initial design stages of the new hotel in Glenwood Springs my firm overseeing. The Project Management firm the Owner is using has been having issues with being given enough authority to actual do their job, which is making mine harder. The number of late nights and overnight stays over the past 6-7 months have left me exhausted. Most nights I crawl into bed after midnight to a sleeping Rain. It was what I assumed tonight was shaping up to be. If it wasn't for Leigh, who is my partner on this project from the PM Firm, I wouldn't have remembered to eat most days. As we were leaving after finally getting the 100% drawings approved, she recommended this place. I remember hearing about it, not sure where, and thought nothing of agreeing to it. I needed food and Leigh and I have had to spend a lot of meals together over the past few months. We've been forced to spend so much time together we've built a solid working relationship, where we can anticipate what the other needs to be able to get the results that were such a struggle at the beginning of this project.
To be honest, I didn't expect much when I first met her, she didn't look like the type of woman who could handle the pressure that came along with a job of this magnitude. I almost requested she be replaced when she showed up to the construction site in heels. I'm glad I kept my mouth shut; she turned out to be an unexpected asset. I was even nice and helped her pick out some steel toe boats.

I glance at Leigh before grabbing my phone. She has an expression on her face I can't quite read. Raising an eyebrow, I wait for her to look at me. When she finally makes eye contact, the bad omen feeling I had intensified. Before she can open her mouth to say anything, I quickly unlock my phone. Opening Instagram I see the new photo Rain posted, pausing, I let out a possessive growl.

My wife embodies sensuality. I have spent our whole relationship making her fully aware that all five feet two inches of he deliciously curved body belongs to me. Normally she pacifies me and doesn't post pictures on social media that make me irrational. Something about if I reported another of her photo's they were going to ban her from the platform. I make no apologies for reporting her pictures, I did what I had to do.

Going to her story, to see what other fuckery my darling wife is up to I freeze. Rereading the caption and taking a closer look at the image, it takes me longer than it should to put two and two together. Before I can open my mouth to ask the important question, of what the actual fuck, Leigh speaks.

"Brandon, I'm sorry. I didn't know it would be an issue." Forgetting the odd look she had earlier, I study her expression. She appears sincere in her concern. I shake my head after I spear my hands through my hair.

"It's fine, how could you know a picture of your food would trigger this." She doesn't know my wife, they've never met. Which is odd when I think about how much of my time is spent with or in communication with the woman sitting across from me. It's not her fault, she doesn't know that my possessiveness of Rain is only matched by how territorial she is over me. That side of her rarely comes out. I've never given her a reason to show it. She has and will always have 100% of me.

That brief thought makes me tense.The past six months flash across my mind and I groan. I've suddenly become aware, at the same time as all of Rain's IG friends, that I just triggered my wife.

FUCK.