Riposte

Running a hand over the back of my hair, I stop in front of the glass doors. After confirming the hair gods are on my side today, I glance at the doors smiling at the way Thunderbird Project Management is etched into the frosted glass. Proud of what my family has created. Opening the doors I stroll into the lobby, making my way to the front desk. At the sound of my heeled boots a few employee's raise there eyes to see who has entered. Recognizing a few I smile, noting there have been a few additions to the team as well.

Finally reaching the reception, I lean on it and smile widely at my cousin Nova. Nero's twin sister looks at me with a knowing smile. Having me as as cousin and Leana as a sister-in-law has taught her to go with the flow. It also taught her to deny all involvement an play dumb when needed. She's become the perfect get away driver.

"And what are you doing here?"

"Just having lunch with my favorite Uncle." I respond innocently.

"Mmmhmm. Conveniently at the same time he is having a working lunch with your husband." My smile grows wider.

"Super Nova, do you really think my husband would mind me joining in his work lunch with my uncle?"

"Oh he won't, I wouldn't be surprised if he handfeed you from his plate. The wicked witch might." We both chuckle at that. Leaning closer in I whisper, "I'm counting on it."

"You know where to find him, and I want in on whatever you and Leana are planning. She's gotten a little to comfortable her for someone who's name has and never will be Night."

"Consider it done." Moving away from lobby I make my way back towards the conference room. When I am halfway there Brandon looks up from whatever he was reading and catches sight of me. Slowing my walk to a stroll, I smirk at him adding an extra sway to my hips. His eyes start at the tip of my thigh high black boots, that I set confidently down with each step. All the way up to the leather jacket covering my fitted black tank top. I look damn good, I made sure of that knowing I was going to be entering the first phase of "She Fucked Around and Found Out" today.

Not bothering to knock I open the door the conference room. Not looking at my husband or the twat waffle who made sure to sit a little to close to someone who isn't hers. I smile at my Uncle. Walking over to him, I lean down to give him a kiss on the cheek. Glancing at my Husband I notice for the first time his best friend Sebastian leaning back in his seat beaming at me.

"Well, now I know why this project is such a cluster fuck. Bash, what part are you playing in this Greek tragedy of a job?"

"The always accurate and much needed legal service on the contract. Liquidated Damages would be kicking their ass if it wasn't for me" 

"Oh, I love it when you show off that expensive education." Shrugging off my leather jacket and putting it on a chair, I allow the mural on my skin to be on full display. Sitting next to my uncle I place my arms on the table and lean forward, fully aware the girls are sitting real pretty right now. By Brandon's growl, someone doesn't like it. All is fair in love and war baby. I continue to ignore the leach next o him and keep smirking at Bash.

"I'm sorry this is a working lunch." The sound of her voice is the equivalent to nails on a chalk board. Tilting my head in her direction I work to remove all expression from my face. 

"Good thing I own a portion of this business then doesn't it?" Glancing a my uncle, I smile sweetly.

"Uncle Milo, don't tell me my glorious face is no longer on the website."

Shaking his head, his smile slips when he looks at the thunder cunt.

"Miss. Ward, if I have no issue with my niece joining this meeting I am confused on why you do."

"I think that's something we would all love to know." I add. Looking at Bash we both smirk. Brandon growls slightly again.

"Down boy, the woman is the equivalent to my annoying little sister." Bash responds, used to Brandon's possessiveness.

"Anyways, Rain have you met Leigh?" Bash helpfully adds.

"We spoke briefly this week, but I find it surprising that you have met her. I always thought you had better taste then that."

"I only recently met the woman, so don't start." Laughing I raise an eyebrow, "I was with Brandon, when he helped her pick out her boots when we were in Glen Springs last month." My body freezes. Glancing at Brandon he starts rubbing his temples, next to him The Great Pretender has a smile of satisfaction on her face. I tuck that little piece of information Bash just dropped on me away to address at a later time.

But wow, the hits keep on coming don't they. Bash realizing that was something I did not know and would not have been ok with, looks at Brandon in shock.

"Idiot." He whispers to him. Time for me to wipe that smug smile of this whores face.

"Speaking of all the travel the dirty duo has been doing, I wanted to discuss that with you. Since we are here, 2 birds and a pigeon with one stone as they say." I say looking at Milo.

"Tell me what's on your mind, as you know you're my favorite niece." I smile at the old man because we both know I am his only niece.

"Brandon and your employee over there are done with the traveling together." I say.

"Excuse me!?!" The banshee butts in.

"Wait, I take that back." I add

"I'd hope so. This doesn't concern Rain Mr. Night!"

"Ms. Nox." My uncle corrects her. I see Bash attempting to hide how hilarious it is to have her corrected. 'Miss. Ward, I will remind you to address my niece and our colleague's wife appropriately."

"Thank you, Milo. As I was saying, due to the liberties that one has been taking, that have come to my attention recently, it would probably be best if she is moved to another project all together."

'Liberties?" Bash and Milo ask.

"Leana will fill you in on all the nitty details. To know one of the employees, of the company my family runs, was trying to come between a marriage."

"Oh God." Brandon drops his head in his hands at the mentioned of my bestest best friend in the whole wide world. To be a fly on the wall when she spins that story,

"So, that's my current request. Don't feel the need to make decisions based on my thoughts and feelings." I mention. I am lying, I know my uncle. He knows that I don't ask for things, and as a business owner myself I rarely would put demands on his work. That paired with his deep loyalty to family, I know what he is going to say before it leaves his mouth.

"Miss. Ward."

"Yes Sir?" I don't miss the way her voice breaks with nerves.

"Please go wait for me in my office. It seems there are somethings that we need to discuss."

Checkmate Bitch.