02

Thirteen deities that were certain to be dead, in over five hundred years, was not much. Thirteen too many, but in such a long period of time, everyone would assume that many more had died, to put it nicely. It was irrelevant that gods were not easy to kill and had a special strength, since it was a considerable time in which the slaughter took place.

"But not a Titan yet," Natalia murmured as she took a sip from a steaming mug and she leaned forward on the kitchen counter, "Is he afraid of them? There are Titans weaker than many a god. He killed Zetar. He owned the sea. THE sea, the oceans, two-thirds of the earth. You'd think that Amphen wouldn't be a challenge to him in that respect, and he's still alive. The dumbest Titan of them all."

"Probably he is not concerned with the Titans, but exclusively with the gods," one hundred percent sure, Damian was not with that, because there was no apparent reason for all the dead so far, "We don't even know who Enos is. Neither where he comes from, how old he actually is, nor where he got his power from or to whom he once gave it. Why does he kill? There's pretty much nothing."

"Wherever he appears, someone dies. And there's no stopping it. We know that," Natalia grumbled sullenly, biting the inside of her cheek and looking over at Damian on the sofa, "How long has it been with you again?"

"Since last year. I possessed headaches that went on forever, the doctors couldn't find anything and it went on for months," Damian panted and turned his head towards the kitchen from where Natalia was looking at him, "In the violent storm then, complete blackout and when I woke up it was all back. Well, pretty much everything."

"Pretty much everything, so yeah?" replied Natalia teasingly, causing Damian to look forward again, "What was missing?"

"Everything up until now," the memories kept coming back, but time was something no one could get back, something Damian hated all over again, "It was nine years this time, plus the present one and the forty that just passed. I'm missing almost fifty years. How much are you missing?"

"Four months ago it all came back up," it all came back, all at once and each time it felt to Natalia like her head was going to explode, "It's always a joy."

The curse of eternity. Eternal life possessed its price, even if something was not desired.

 Eternal life possessed its price, even if something was not desired