03

One of the oldest legends in the world is located west, in the tropical part of the Atlantic Ocean; north of the equator; northwest of the Gulf of Mexico and east, of the open North Atlantic.

As part of the Central American continent, the Caribbean consists of the islands and island groups of the Caribbean Sea located there and the sea area between them. At the western end, the Caribbean extends into the Gulf of Mexico.

"And....?" began Natalia, breathing heavily, trudging behind Damian through the ankle-deep water toward the shore, "We don't have a map or anything."

"We don't need to," Damian replied, turning to Natalia as he walked, "When something is searched for, it usually isn't found. It doesn't want to be found. If we don't look, we'll get right there eventually, because we're not following any particular path. It's just going to take time."

There, deeply hidden, on an uninhabited island in the Caribbean Sea, Mona, which belongs to Puerto Rico, was to be found the fabled source of eternal life. Or, the source of eternal youth. The fountain of youth.

•» - «•

Hours and hours passed, during which Damian and Natalia looked around the island. From the beach that surrounded the entire island; the forest inside and the rocks to the stone slope, on one half, but there was nothing. An ordinary island in the sea.

At nightfall, Natalia and Damian settled in a cave, since it was not certain what the weather would be like and they had been on their feet long enough anyway. The perfect opportunity for a break.

"I guess it was nothing," grumbled Natalia, who at the moment was playing with a small twig and exhaustedly threw the piece of wood into the crackling fire, which had been burning for some time and provided a soothing warmth, "You can't tell me that the day, wasn't the purest waste of time."

"Patience is obviously not one of your strong points," Damian began to amuse himself at Natalia's mood, " 'Few find the way; some don't recognize it when they find it, while some never want to find it.' If it were easy, it would be a destination."

And eternal life, no longer a dream.