06

An audible gasp escaped Natalia's lips at the sight of the good-humored dark-haired man, causing the left corner of Seth's mouth to twist into an amused smile.

Yes, Seth and she would never be friends, that was for sure, for it was the god's manner that Natalia could not stand. The joy the god took in displeasing others.

"Why gods, not Titans?" it burst out of Natalia full of impatience, causing Damian to turn directly to her and give her a 'really?' "look, "Who is Enos anyway?"

"Someone gets right to the point," Seth chuckled and looked at Damian, "No wonder you like her. It's good to see you again."

"However you take it," Natalia replied gruffly as she gave Seth a piercing look, but it probably wouldn't do much to speed things up, "can we get to talking about the dead gods? The ones Enos has been murdering one by one."

"And what exactly do you want me to tell you?", Seth wanted to know from the woman and approached his visitors with a thoughtful step, "Maybe it wasn't always like this. Is that what you wanted to hear?"

Yes, that was exactly what Natalia wanted to hear. Anything else would have been idiotic.

A waste of time. A waste of time. What else? Damian and Natalia could have saved themselves this trip. They didn't need to come at all.

There was an argument between the gods, as Seth began to recount, when Natalia looked at Damian and told him it was time to go, as he would be of no help anyway. Two sets of siblings at war. Deimos and Elios versus Taraka and Deva. A ridiculous argument about importance, prestige and meaning in the world.

When the quarrel degenerated into a serious conflict and led to war, the Atlantic became dangerous for water travel. North of the Caribbean, between South Florida, Puerto Rico and Bermuda, roughly. Everyone should know what was there. The Devil's Triangle, or as you humans like to say, the Bermuda Triangle.

This meant that other gods had to get involved because a border had been crossed. The four were to finally settle their dispute before it ended in a catastrophe, the extent of which was not to be known. The Bermuda Triangle was the best proof. A small taste of what could still happen. Things of unimaginable proportions. It took only a few ridiculous decades before the hatchet was finally buried. But then someone appeared and declared himself dead.

'I used to believe in a higher power. I believed the world needed you. No one needs you. I thought my time was up, but here I am. It doesn't feel like a curse at all. It feels more like a blessing. And so, a promise. I make you a promise. This is my vow. All the gods will die!'

 All the gods will die!'