05

It's been a long time. You took your time.

Friends of friends were always such a thing. Do you have to like them? A difficult subject. And if you did, how did you deal with it?

Before Natalia actually came up with the idea to put her plan into action, to visit Hades, Damian wanted to push this instance, first of all, as far as it was possible for him, to the back and to visit Seth instead. This was not much better. Both gods were in their own way, extremely questionable and not exactly where someone would say it was good company.

What was Seth known for? For the murder of his brother Osiris to get to the throne of Egypt, and the following fight against his son Horus, which he lost. Short version. Lots of blood and death.

Apart from that, it was a huge difference if someone went to Seth or to Hades. They were different deities. If someone wanted to go to Hades, that person would not go to Seth because the two, did not do the same thing and were responsible for the same thing. What Natalia wanted from Hades, Seth most likely could not answer or do. And this, should be the case the other way around.

"Wh-why?" asked Natalia annoyed and nagging at the same time, because Seth and her, that didn't work, well, "There's a reason why I want to talk to Hades and not Seth. Just because you...."

"I don't trust him, that's why, plain and simple," Damian interrupted, stopping on the sidewalk where he turned to her, "Strange, isn't it, that someone doesn't trust the god of the underworld. What did he do to make you trust him?"

"Why Seth?", Natalia wanted to know in return, waiting for an answer, which failed to come, "He was there when my.... our lives ended. He, his source, is the reason we exist. How can you trust him less than someone who made war on his own family."

"That's exactly the reason," Damian replied, and a reason Natalia didn't understand, since it would take a little more explanation, "Everyone knows who Seth is, but not with Hades. Your god I can't assess."

There was nothing to estimate. Besides, what did 'your god' actually mean here?

After more than three quarters of an hour, by train, Damian and Natalia reached the outskirts of the city, from where they continued on foot. No residential buildings far and wide, much more industry. Import and export, various wholesalers of building materials and metalwork. Only someone who wanted to come here or had completely lost his way made it here, otherwise there was no reason to be here.

Damian took Natalia by the arm when she was about to pass by a building with several transporters and trucks parked in the parking lot, and pointed with a movement of his head to the hall that could be seen further back.

Here? A god? What had become of many a god that this one lived among men?

"You're having fun, aren't you?" began Damian, after they had both entered the rear hall and there were no more than a handful of people to be seen.