28 - festival preparation

—last chapter

"NEVERMIND, I FORGOT THAT I WAS FISH," I felt Kisame rolling his eyes at me. "anyways," he continued,"we have the ability to distinguish but we cannot change. This is the role and story for us," He shared his thoughts, but it didn't make me feel better. Maybe because it was not even something that was bothering me in the first place? Maybe.

-life of Ms. Namikaze -

~•━━━  🧸🍭🦋  ━━━•~

Y/n

"it's a big day!!" Naruto exclaimed, stretching his arms out. "You love preparing for the festival?"

"YES! LIKE ALOT!" Naruto's excitement seemed all over the place, even his tone was excited to answer anything about the festival preparation.

Team Kakashi was asked to help the festival organizers with the setup and security service. It was a lot of work but the kids seemed to have embraced the work completely, that's what their enthusiasm said.

"Yo everyone!" Naruto greeted the pissed group. Sakura took Naruto by his ear, giving him an earful for being late.

"how's the prep?" I asked Kakashi. "It's almost over, the security needs some work you know? We might have to be in charge—"

"We are going to guard the festival?! no sensei!" Naruto disappointedly said.

"I said 'might'. Focus on the word Naruto," Kakashi said, turning back to me.

"so that means, I will have to be alone this year..?" I asked.

"I guess.." I hummed to his response and smiled. "Won't hold you guys any longer, then..I will head over to my work, Have a good working day. Will come by during lunch hour," I eye smiled, biding my greetings as I left.

I walked my way out the festival gate, greeting the people back I know as I did. My eye slowly dropped to the ground, my smile fell too. "hmm," I hummed with a sigh.

Festivals were my favorite ever since I was young and attending. Especially with my teammates and Minato's team.

Some things are left behind for a reason, for that I have to comfort myself and say it's okay. Not every year will be better than before as I grow more into my adulthood. Why did I ever want to become an adult that quick? Maybe to get matured and also someday fall in love? "hmm," I smiled to myself thinking about love.