32 - all together for a night out!

The faraway instruments greeted everyone at the gate. I stood few yards away and examined the crowd this year, it was buzzing with people. It might die down soon after 10, the firework ends at that time.

I was hoping to see the familiar faces soon but seems like they were deeper into the stalls and shops. I sighed in relief after I safely got inside without getting squashed among the people.

"yo-" The usual greeting came out of Kakashi as he seemed to have waited for me at the first shop of the alleyway. "Why do you seem dazed?" I said, looking at his doe like eyeballs size.

"........that hair pin," He pointed out, I touched it abruptly. "It's standing out alot," He commented, putting his hands behind his back.

"Really? I found it lying around, I don't know who this belongs to— no way I am returning this now!" I said.

"No one's stealing that from you, do you realize that?" Kakashi tilted his head to the side slightly as he spoke.

I smiled which soon turned down,".....seems like we don't have anything good to talk about," I said in a lower voice, making the both of us just stay quiet and realize the distance we created over the past few years.

"Don't point it out, it gets real awkward and yeah, you know how I stop talking to people I don't have anything to say to, hmm?" He said, walking away from me,"Everyone's waiting,"

His words did leave a scar like mark in my heart. That's why, feelings should never come in between friendship. I didn't feel like moving, felt more like escaping this emotion.

A push brought me back, it was from a passer-by. "Sorry!" they apologized in a hurry, I smiled shortly as a response. Kakashi was far away from me, his white hair and tall height made him stand out in the mass which seemed less than before.

Are people leaving- oh nevermind, they are joining at the firework sighting area. I analyzed as I walked on to the path Kakashi went on. The lanterns brightly glow with colored paper covers.

I diverted my entire focus to the arrangements and organization,"oi y/n! we are here!" Anko waved. I saw the kids and teachers seating inside one of the restaurants.

I greeted everyone and searched for Naruto among the kids.
"y/n-san! here!" Naruto raised up his hand, making it easier for me to find him. "You look pretty,
y/n-san," Ino said, leaning over the table and taking a closer look at me as I went towards them to sit.

"That's really sweet of you. I am sorry for the delay. I had to make a visit— I mean I had to take care of some work," I said, turning to the people around the table. Meeting Mikoto-san almost slipped out, my heart skipped a beat right there.

"It's alright, let's start our ordering!" Asuma said from beside Kurenai. Kurenai helped the others get the menu to order. It was a treat from all the teachers and I for the students.

"Can we get the barbeque here?!" The young Akimichi said out of pure excitement, only to come to a realization as he look around for the barbeque grill.

"Choose from the menu," The Nara spoke out, putting the menu down and leaning back with his hand support. After some minute, the table had already gotten their desired meal set while Naruto remained indecisive.

"want me to choose something for you?" I suggested as the table seemed to have grown tired of waiting. "y/n-san, I wanna take this..but help me finish it if I fail to," I nodded, taking the menu away from his hand.

"What did Naruto chose?" Kakashi asked as he wrote the food items of everyone's desire. "He took Set D," He raised his eyebrow at the choice and left to let the waiter know.

"I am curious about something," Anko said from beside me, as everyone at the table looked at us. "What's going on with the matching you two have done today?" She said, raising one eyebrow at the two sitting across.

Asuma cleared his throat, looking at the kids as they smirk, smile, clueless stare and one being unbothered. "There are kids—" "Sensei, we know where the flower goes every morning," Ino said, with a smug on her face.

"Flowers?" Anko said, with a sigh of disappointment. I looked down and smiled, flowers. "Now what are you smiling about!" Anko said, as Kakashi just came and sat in his place which was three people before me.

"I am thinking about noth—"

"Oh right! y/n~ why not talk about your love life?" Anko couldn't get enough with these love life of everyone here.

"Anko, kids are here. Let's not," She frowned looking at the kids as they looked back with the same disappointment.

"oh come on, we are not that young. Are we?" Kiba said, looking at the other for confirmation.

"12 to 13, definitely not young," Asuma said, mocking the excitement in the youngster with humor.

"for real," Anko felt defeated along with the curious minded adolescence.

"I do have a question. Why did y/n-san not get a team just like our other sensei even when she was available as a teacher?" Choji asked.

"Are you still a teacher at the academy?" Sakura added.

"Mm no. I left recently for some other work that I was assigned for,"

"But what about the team?"

"Well, she may seem like a pretty young woman to you all but know that this lady might become the next hokage," Anko answered instead of me, with a little exaggeration.

"whaaat?!" Choji, Kiba and Naruto exclaimed.

"She's messing around. Maintaining a team requires some sort of patience ability that I lack. The third suggested, but I had to unfortunately turn it down," I cleared.

"why is that? you have all the ability to handle a village—"

"She was joking," I corrected Ino with a smile.

"good for the kids," Anko said, making me sheepishly smile.

"why is that?" Naruto curiously said.

"have any of you seen her get mad? like...mad mad,"

"...why?" Sakura questioned.

"She becomes a completely different person," Kurenai said, joining in the conversation.