Chapter 2

"You can go home now, Deckard we are closed for the day"

You closed the cafe door walking in to see Howell talking to Deckard who nodded nervously before waving at you

"Bye Y/N see you later!" You waved back at him "Bye Deckard!"

Now you were alone with Howell since he had told Deckard to go home. "Okay Y/N since you are my soon-to-be assistant manager, you are the one who gets to help me clean up all of this... isn't that fun?"

You were crying inside wanting to go home already, but sadly you couldn't tell Howell no since he had helped you a lot. Ever since you had arrived on the island alone and looking for a place to stay and work.

He was your closest friend here on the island besides Bee of course. The both of you had begun to clean the main area deciding to just wash the cats tomorrow since they were all dry already...besides sweaty cat of course.

"So why did you fire Bee?" You finally decided to pop the question. He looked away from your piercing eyes "I had to fire her" before he gave a list of reasons which almost stopped you from opening your mouth in protest to her termination.

"But we love having her here! She helped out as much as she could!" He sighed as began walking away from you towards the kitchen.

"She burnt the kitchen which I now have to clean... you can go home for the day see you tomorrow Y/N"

"But Howell wait-" he had already left to the kitchen so you grabbed your bag from the other side of the front counter and headed out with a cat umbrella.

You look around at the scenery outside before arriving at your complex where a small purple-haired child is your landlord. After tossing the umbrella into a container by the front door you threw the uniform off into a hamper and grabbed clothes to take a shower. When finished you go to lay down in your bed and look out to the ocean in wonder at how you came to be living here and meeting such unique people.

The phone on your bedside table had buzzed. It was a brief message from Bee.

'Come 2 my house quick!!'

That made you raise an eyebrow but you replied back

'Kk omw'

You get up and head out seeing that it had stopped raining for a brief moment you hurried fast over to Bee's area which thankfully wasn't far from yours. You had some cookies with you that you had baked the day before so you brought them with you. While running to Bee's complex heard yelling but didn't think much of it. Then you notice Deckard staggering and headed back to his house. You were about to say hi but he's holding his crotch his face twisted in pain so you decide against it for now. After visiting Bee's complex you decided you will stop by the Wizard house later with treats if it's not too late or just go tomorrow. Finally, you arrived at Bee's so you knock on her front door with a smile.

"Bee!! I'm here!!"

She opens the door excitedly

"Hey Y/N! Oh, you brought the treats!"

She lets you into her little complex and you see a cat...dog sitting there with big eyebrows. She's holding an omelette you assume Deckard had made her.

"So this pet had- Oh, you're up. Look I found dinner on the ground."

You held up your plate of cookies before setting it down next to the omelette on the couch "And some dessert, but Bee I don't think he should be eating people's food."

She shrugged her shoulders "He will be fine" Kneeling across from him on the couch. "Looks nice, huh?" The creature stared at you before making a giant fist and smashing both the omelette and your cookies.

"Bruh your pet smashed the food" you were distraught how could he do this to your cookies and Deckard's omelette?

Bee seemed less upset "It's fine I'm still eating half of it even if he touches it all." You cringed a bit at that but didn't protest. As she had begun to eat the food and her new pet started to eat the cookies. The two of you talked for a while before she had begun to fall asleep on her couch.

"I'm going to head back home Bee! Tell me tomorrow how the search for a new job at the temp agency goes." You stand up from the little cushioned chair she had across the couch and fixed a blanket on top of her. Before walking out you look over at her new pet. He stares right back at you unwavering as if a sense of familiarity rushed over him. You gave him a small wave which he didn't reciprocate.

'oh, but he can make a perfect fist and punch the food then huh?'

"Goodnight Bee!... and cat dog?" She gave a soft goodnight as you headed out and closed the door. As you were walking back home you looked up at the stars seeing them twinkle in the sky. You missed your mom a lot the two of you would look at the night sky together while drinking hot chocolate and eating homemade cookies. Fuck you started crying and brushed away your tears as you came to your front door. Throwing it open and closing it behind you, before flopping on your bed falling fast asleep. Dreaming of the past and thinking things will continue to look up for you hopefully.