Chapter 22

"Hey, Cardamon... are you there?"

You knock on the front door of his and Violet's house as you hear a small noise and he opens the door.

"Y/N........hello..." he stood at the front door soaking wet with water and what you assume is the "blood" from Toast's Zorzox ritual. You looked at him with a gentle look in your eyes as you took in his appearance, he looked tired from being alone all the time and trying to manage everything on his own.

"It's been a few days Cardamon... I wanted to check in on you since I haven't seen you in a while." You were soaking wet from the rain that had been occurring all day as well. Due to the incident from earlier with your fellow neighbors.

You sighed softly as he was quiet, just staring up at you before small tears fell down his face as he rushed towards you wrapping his arms around your legs. Sticky even came out as well barking as she nuzzled against your legs as well while she stood next to Cardamon. You knelt down and hugged him back tightly as he let out small apologies for what he said to you and for throwing the blob at you.

"It's okay Cardamon.... I forgive you I shouldn't be poking my nose where I am not needed." As much as you worried about him you know it's not your place to do much. He shook his head as he buried his face into your shoulder again.

"I don't want you to leave me alone.... You're the only one who cares!"

It broke your heart to hear him say such things but unfortunately, you know it's kind of true the others tended to just brush off the fact that a literal child is alone basically, it's something that annoyed you with them but who were you to say such things.

"I'm not going to leave you alone Cardamon. I will always be here even when your mom wakes up. Now let's get inside and get dried up and I can make us something to eat...hm?" You patted his head gently as you picked him up holding him while Sticky followed you two inside you frowned a bit seeing the mess around as you used your foot to kick one of his "trash bag friends" to the other side of the couch setting him down and grabbing a blanket that you spotted wrapping it around him.

After digging through the kitchen you make some chicken noodle soup for the both of you as you bring over the bowls and set it on the little table by the couch. "Here you go Cardamon... Be careful it's hot." He gently picks up the bowl eating the soup and blowing it to cool it As you do the same with your bowl the two of you eat in silence with the occasional thunder from outside. After a while, you both finished as he got up from the couch grabbing your hand as you set the bowl down on the table again.

"Sticky and I were going to go be pampered before you came in, come join us." He finally spoke up and then led you back into Violet's room where she still lay down looking as gorgeous as ever.

"Hello, Violet! Its Y/N!"

Of course, no movement was made but a tear blob had come out of her eye that was (y/f/c). You tilted your head a bit seeing that the recent blob was your favorite color as if she acknowledged your presence but alas Cardamon had already dragged you underneath the hidden staircase in front of a weird-looking chair.

"Go sit over there." He points as he lets go of your hand while you go sit on the chair and Sticky sits next to you as Cardamon reaches for a compartment and clicks a button accidentally revealing a ring. You and Sticky looked over while Sticky started moving closer to it.

"No Sticky this isn't ours, we don't steal. I'm sure your husband, Puppycat will get you a much nicer ring." He walks over sitting between you and Sticky as he leans his head on you. While pointing to a button on your side which you press the chair starts whirring. You let out a laugh along with Cardamon as he claps his hands while smiling.

"Hooray Sticky the prettiest bride!"

You clap along with him as you three sit on the chair. Watching him act like this he's still so little only being seven and trying to handle all these responsibilities. You hug him close as he hugs you back while Sticky nuzzles herself in between you two as the chair continues whirring.

(A/N: Hi everyone thank you all so much for the votes and comments! I don't know what direction I'm going with this story haha but thank you all so much anyway I appreciate all the support <3 :))