Chapter 25

"I'm surprised you managed to get him Bee."

The walk back with the five of you was quiet since you managed to finish getting rid of a majority of the teardrop trash friends which ended up taking a majority of your day. Bee wound up getting Puppycat and brought him to the surface to you, Cardamon, and Sticky. While walking back to the house you glanced over at Bee and Puppycat as she held onto him.

"I will go drop off Cardamon and Sticky, you hurry and take Puppycat up to your place."

She nods "Hah! thanks Y/N! See you and Cardamon later!" She then rushed away to hurry to the house faster as you continued walking with Cardamon and Sticky. He looked up at you "Can... Can I ask you something?" You nodded while you continued walking close to the house already. "Yeah, of course, what's up?" He remained silent for a while before speaking once you three had approached the front door.

"Can you come with me to school for a parent/guardian day? You are the only responsible adult I know."

He looked up at you with his normal blank expression but in his eyes, you can see the hope he has that you would accept. Honestly, you were surprised (especially since he called you a responsible adult) that he would ask this but you accepted.

"I would love to go!"

He nodded as he petted Sticky comfortingly as she barked happily. "It's in a few days..thank you... bye..." He did a little wave as he went inside the house with Sticky. You watched the front door shut as you turned to walk back to your little area across. After finally arriving at your little house you shut the door and face-planted on your bed falling asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day you woke up and got ready to head out to the Cat cafe you quickly showered and fixed yourself to put on your uniform before getting a text from Howell to come over to the Wizard household instead. He decided that he rather just close the cafe for the day since it was the weekend.

You rolled your eyes a bit at the message before smiling as you sent him a quick thumbs up before changing into a pair of black overalls with multiple small pins that littered the front pocket, black boots, and a white long sleeve. You fidgeted a bit with the random little pins a smile gracing your lips at the clown, teddy bear, fish, and the others that reminded you of your friends.

As you finished adjusting the bows in your hair you were out the front door of your little house locking it as you walked over to the house you were greeted by Howell who had been peeking from the window by the front door awaiting your arrival. Immediately as the door opens you are engulfed in a hug by the gorgeous man your face pressed against his soft fluffy black robe.

"I'm so pleased you came Y/N I feel like I haven't seen you in forever!" (You saw him at work a few days ago) He just continued clinging onto you while you nodded into his chest as he ranted on and on. You spoke up "Howell I saw you at work a few days ago-"

"SHH.. Not to worry we can hang out and do skin care! So you can be almost as gorgeous as me!" You deadpan at his statement as he finally frees you and drags you inside to his room while you pass by Cas who's coming out of her room as she waves at you passing by which you respond with a wave as well.

Now the both of you were sitting on his bed as he held your face gently while applying a skincare mask his eyes gazed at you fondly as he continued talking while you listened to him with your eyes closed.

"Honestly Y/N why do you go fishing with Wesley sometimes when instead you can be with-" His sentence was cut short when a clank was heard along with the doorbell. You jolt at the sudden noises as Howell puts a hand on your shoulder and you open your eyes immediately.

Unknowingly seeing now how close he is to your face. His dark teal eyes stare into your own (e/c) ones. But his focus is on the noises as he gets up with you off his bed as you both walk out of his room seeing Cas shut the front door and walking straight into Howell before stepping back.

Howell shook his head at her as he spoke "You're being rude." She looked irritated as she replied, "I'm being busy." He had a smug smile on his face as he was quick with a comeback "You've been sitting around picking your boogers all day." Right after he said that Cas decided to put her finger in her nose as you walked away to wash the skincare face mask that Howell had applied.

You finish washing it off as Cas rushes past you in the hallway to her room while Howell grabs his car keys waiting for you the both of you walk to the door open it and to your surprise you see Bee standing there with Puppycat.

"BEE!" Both you and Howell were in sync as he let out a small awkward laugh "Oh! Haha, let's go." Bee smiles seeing that you are there as well while Puppycat just stares at you in silence holding onto his hobo bag. The four of you hear Cas as she hurries behind you and Howell adjusting her fresh sweater after taking off the juice-soaked one.

Now you were sitting in the back of Howell's car with the kittens as they were all over you in your hair and lap playing. As Howell and Bee conversed you glanced over at Cas who was on her laptop with one of the orange kittens laid on her head. That same kitten moves forward falling off of her head with its paw in Cas's mouth as you snicker before getting bopped by the black kitten in the face as you hear Cas snicker.

"You two look comfortable." Bee glanced back at you and Cas, finally taking the kitten out of her mouth Cas looked at Bee to ask her a question.

"So, what are you guys doing today?"

Bee turns around in her seat more as she speaks "We're going to the train station. Pretty Patrick got back from vacation." This piqued your interest as you and Cas gave each other the same look you spoke up "The train peach bread!" right after you said that Cas took money out of her wallet and held it out to Bee "Will you get me some of those? I have money." Bee nodded as she turned to face forward again not taking the money "Yeah! Yeah, no. I'll get them for you. Don't worry."

Cas just stared at her as she then put her money away awkwardly "Okay. Thanks?" Finally, the five of you arrived at Crispin's mechanic garage as Bee hopped out along with Puppycat who faceplanted on the wooden deck before hopping back up. As you waved goodbye to them, Cas nudged you "Go with them, I feel like they will forget the peach bread." You stared at her as you debated on staying in the car or going with Bee and Puppycat.

(Hello everyone! Thank you all for the support! See you all in the next chapter! :) <3)