Chapter 4

It was now several hours later and the ship maintained a steady course. Each member of the Mugiwara crew was occupied doing their own thing, trying to kill time until they arrived to the next island.

Luffy sat on the figurehead of the Sunny, the brim of his hat covering his eyes and arms crossed as he dozed off.

Zoro was training in the crows nest, lifting huge dumbbells in each hand while counting his reps aloud.

Robin tended to her flower bed, watering each delicate plant while chatting with Chopper about his past adventures with Doctor Hiriluk.

Usopp hammered away at his latest invention, hard at work in his factory.

Sanji was cleaning up after lunch, scrubbing away at the dishes that were left behind.

Brook sat on the swing of the deck, he was enjoying a warm cup of tea and Franky was in his workshop, working on plans for his latest renovations.

Nami in particular, sat at her survey desk in her study, taking advantage of the peace and quiet that was often scarce when it came to the Mugiwara crew, to work on her latest map. She put her pen down with a sigh of relief after working vigorously for a while.

Finally.

She gave the newly finished map of Fishman Island a final glance over and was satisfied with her work. The navigator stretched her arms out and yawned sluggishly.

Lately she found it difficult to get an adequate amount of sleep due to thoughts of Luffy often occupying her mind. She kept trying to rack her brain as to when these feelings even started. Was it after being freed from the clutches of Arlong? Or maybe it was after she learned that Luffy had gone missing following the events at Marine Ford? She was unsure, however she found it more and more arduous to keep her emotions in check.

How long have I been feeling this way?

Ultimately, Luffy was someone that was very dear to her and when taking their entire journey into consideration, it only seemed natural that she would develop feelings for him. Not only was he the reason she was now able to pursue her dreams, he also constantly protected her, freed her, and gave her a home. She owed him her life and she could never repay him for the kindness he's shown her thus far.

Her eye lids became heavy and she gingerly crossed her arms, resting them on top of the polished wooden desk in front of her. As she leaned forward to lay her head down, she felt sleep taking over her.

________________

"Oooooi! Island!!" shouted Luffy excitedly from the Sunny's figurehead. The crew began to gather on the deck to check out their next destination. It was a summer island with palm trees that surrounded the outskirts and as they approached, the crew could see it was inhabited.

There were several ships bobbing up and down on the water, fishermen were tending to their nets, and children were running about. There, at the dock, sat a pirate ship amongst the many other ships. Luffy didn't recognize the Jolly Roger so he decided to not pay it any mind. The crew prepared to drop anchor and started delegating tasks amongst themselves. They needed to restock supplies and wanted to take some time to explore the island.

"Does anyone know where Nami is?" asked Chopper, noticing that the navigator had yet to join the others.

"I believe she was working on a map in her study. Luffy, would you mind going to check on her?" asked Robin.

"Un." Luffy nodded and made his way back inside.

"I know what you're up to." said Zoro lowly to the raven-haired beauty with a smug grin on his face.