Chapter 11

"So... is it just me or have Nami and Luffy been closer than usual lately?" asked the sniper reluctantly.

"Eh? They have?" chopper questioned, tilting his head.

Three out of the bunch were well aware of the recent... developments between their captain and navigator. Lately, however, it had been harder and harder to deny the allurement between them. Especially when someone as blatant as Monkey D. Luffy was involved.

Zoro crossed his arms behind his head and let out a sluggish yawn. He had no interest in getting involved in the conversation, therefore he glanced towards the only other person whom he assumed knew of the current affair; Robin.

The raven-haired woman propped her elbow up on the table and placed her chin in her hand, smiling sheepishly at the swordsman in acknowledgment. She then directed her attention towards Sanji, who was lighting a cigarette whilst scanning the room.

The two locked eyes and her smile widened. After a moment, Robin motioned with her head subtly towards the rest of the crew and Sanji got the hint. He now figured that Robin was aware of his involvement in the matter, and it was as if Robin were signifying for him to take over the conversation, seeing as how she wasn't very keen on exposing Nami.

After nodding quickly at the archeologist, Sanji blew out a long trail of smoke and sighed, mentally preparing himself to act as "damage control", if you will. After a moment of palpable tension, he began.

"Well... you see... Lu-"

Usopp bolted up from his chair to puff his chest out and placed his hands on his hips in a dramatic fashion, cutting Sanji off. "Correct, Chopper! Very close indeed!"

"Ehhh?? Really??"

"SUPER that's what I thought!" Franky chimed in. "I was on watch the night his bro was here and happened to see Luffy carrying the girlie to her room. He couldn't keep his eyes off her!" he said with a smirk.

"Now hold o-"

"Hmmm now that is suspicious!" announced Usopp matter-of-factly while holding his chin, his other hand resting on his hip, cutting Sanji off yet again.

"I wonder if Luffy-San knows what color her panties are." Brook muttered.

Sanji glared disgustingly at the skeleton. "What t-"

"And Luffy seemed jealous at the bar when Nami was talking to Blaze too!" Chopper interrupted, raising his hooves up with enlarged eyes.

"Oi! Listen, you dorks!" yelled Sanji, slamming his palms down on the table which caused the room to snap their heads in his direction. He cleared his throat awkwardly and continued. "Yes, Nami-San and Luffy have been... closer lately... romantically." He visibly shuddered. "But regardless of what happens, we have to show them our full support. That's the least we can do for them. Especially Luffy. Got it?"

The entire room, except for Robin, glared at the chef in disbelief, their jaws suddenly dropping open.

"S-Sanji? ...Is that you?!" asked Usopp as he leaned in close to said man and shook his shoulders, his eyes dangerously close to popping out of their sockets.

"Ahhhh Usopp!!" sobbed Chopper with tears and snot running down his face, "Sanji must have switched bodies with someone again!!"