Chapter 10

Back at the Revolutionary Army base on the island of Baltigo, the blonde made his way down the lengthy corridor, the clunking of his boots against the hard cement floor could be heard echoing throughout the hall.

I can't wait to tell Dragon-San about this.

He stopped when he reached the office labeled "Chief of Staff" and pried the door open. Instantly, he was met with bright orange hair and sapphire blue eyes, which caused him to jolt slightly. His right-hand girl was sitting on top of the side of his desk, gently swinging her dangling legs. 

"Hello!"

"Geez.. You gave me a fright, Koala."

"I'm sorry!" she giggled. "I got too excited to hear about your reunion."

A smile spread across his face as he settled in his chair, leaning back to fold his arms behind his head. "It was amazing. Luffy refused to believe it was me! He hasn't changed one bit, Koala. I was relieved to see he's still our goofy, lovable, crybaby kid brother."

"That is a relief.. Im glad Ace's death didn't completely change him. I'm so glad you got to see him, Sabo-Kun." she said with a soft smile.

"As am I. I wish Dragon-San could have seen him too.. He looked so grown and there was so much determination in his eyes. His crew loves him very much... It was hard to leave." he released a shaky breath and felt his eyes sting.

"Are you crying?" she giggled.

"I don't cry." he cleared his throat and took off his hat, placing it in front of him on the wooden desk.

"There, there." she cooed, lifting her hand up to gently stroke the top of his head.

"There is one thing that has definitely changed about him though."

"There is?"

He nodded and tried his best to hold back the fit of uproarious laughter that eventually filled the room.

"W-what is it, Sabo-Kun?" She blinked at him curiously with enlarged eyes.

His laughter died down and he proceeded to wipe the tear that collected in the corner of his eye from the intense outburst.

"Luffy's in love, Koala. And he doesn't even know it yet!" he said, smiling widely up at her.

"What do you mean he doesn't know it?" she asked, her enlarged eyes growing wider.

"So how long have you both been courting?"

The orange-haired navigator immediately coughed and furiously began slapping her hand against her chest in order to avoid choking on her food.

Luffy tilted his head and raised an eye brow in his direction. "Eh? What's courting?" he asked.

Finally regaining her composure, Nami waved her hands out in front of her. "We're not courting. Luffy and I are just friends."

"Just friends? Are you sure about that?" he said with a smug smile, eliciting puzzled glances and snorts from the crew.

"...Positive" she muttered quietly as she picked at the food on her plate and with a shrug of his shoulders, Luffy resumed his gorging.

"When I had arrived, they were an inch away from kissing and I was well aware of the looks he would give her and vice-versa, but knowing Luffy, he probably hasn't even realized he's in love and the poor girl is probably too mortified to tell him first."

"So did you talk to him about it?"

"You bet I did. Right after dinner, I pulled him aside and gave him the best advice I could think of."