Chapter 5

"Who the hell are you?"

"I'm Luffy. The man who'll become king of the pirates, and I'm gonna kick your ass."

The captain snarled at the declaration. Without hesitating, he swung his legs down from off the table in front of him and slammed the palm of his hands down onto it, forcing himself to stand. He slowly approached the crew, his aura radiating evil intent. "You're messing with the wrong person, bastard. Don't you know who I am?" he said with a malicious grin.

Luffy merely glared at him in response with a deep frown.

"My name is Viper. I'm an elite pirate with a bounty of 70 million Beli and you've got some nerve, squirt." he reached down inside his pocket to pull out a handgun and placed his finger on the trigger as he pointed it at Luffy. "I'll consider sparing your life once I hear you beg for mercy."

"I don't care who you are, I'm still gonna kick your ass."

Viper growled and immediately pulled the trigger, a loud bang echoed throughout the bar. Seconds later, the bullet was sliced in half, the two pieces of metal landing on the ground with a 'clank'. In front of Luffy stood Zoro with a smirk, sword in hand.

The captain let out a low growl and lunged forward towards the crew.

"Gomu Gomu no.. Jet pistol!" shouted Luffy as he proceeded to stretch a rubbery arm out to strike Viper right square in the face, causing him to go flying back into the wall on the other side of the bar. Dust and debris flew about and a moment later after composing himself, the captain roared. He was livid.

"Get them!" he yelled out and then all hell broke loose.

"Cinco Fleur!"

Dismembered arms wrapped around the necks of several goons.

"Clutch!"

They fell to the ground with a vicious 'snap' as Robin twisted their necks violently. Zoro was occupied slashing away at another group of underlings whilst Sanji wiped out several others with a swift kick. Chopper and Franky were inconspicuously trying to extract the townsfolk who still remained inside the bar.

Viper dusted himself off and had a deep scowl on his face. He charged at Luffy, however, the raven-haired captain effortlessly dodged the swings and punches that came his way. "Go to hell!" screamed Viper as he struggled to keep up with Luffy's agility.

Nami used her Clima-Tact to create a flurry of dark clouds above them. "It's time for some thunder!" The navigator held her weapon tight and swung it forward. "Thunderbolt Tempo!" suddenly a flash of thunder struck some of the underlings and they instantly collapsed, their flesh charred black and sizzling.

After a while, all the underlings were taken down by the Mugiwara crew and only the captain remained. Luffy had to admit, the bastard was persistent but his strength could not come close to that of the raven-haired boy.

"Viper! Your face is really starting to piss me off!" said Luffy. "Gomu Gomu no.. Jet Gatling!"

Luffy delivered multiple powerful blows to Viper's face, causing him to crash into the ground for good. His face was bloodied and he laid on the ground, arms and legs sprawled out. He coughed up blood and struggled to stand. Although he was successful, he instantly collapsed on the ground, falling unconscious.

After a few moments of silence to ensure Viper was taken care of for good, there was a sudden eruption of cheers and clapping. Outside the bar, a group of onlookers gathered to applaud the defeat. Stepping outside to see what the ruckus was about, the crew found themselves smiling awkwardly at the sudden crowd that whooped and hollered. They were no strangers to praise, however as pirates, they found it unnecessary to bask in it and avoided being called "heroes".