chapter nine

"I didn't know you were friends with Lauren," Valentina looked at Camila.

"I probably just never mentioned it," Camila looked around the bridal shop. The three girls were about to try on their dresses for the wedding.

"I can't believe I'm the only brides maid..." Cindy mumbled, sitting on the couch.

"Why?" Valentina looked at her niece.

"I just feel weird about wearing a dress, that's all," Cindy shrugged.

"Lauren's got the same condition as you and she's wearing a dress... Mila, you still haven't told me why you never mentioned you knew Lauren."

"I don't know... I just..."

"What?"

"I... "

"She used to date Dinah!" Cindy saved.

Camila's eyes went wide.

"Really?" Valentina looked at the two girls, "I'll let you off the hook, Mila, but trust me... "

"Come on Val, let's try on these dresses," Cindy made a face.

"Oh like you really want to wear a dress," Valentina shook her head, laughing at the look on Cindy's face.

"Mom, I hate this!" Cindy groaned in the dressing room.

Camila stood up, "baby, come out and let me see what you look like."

Cindy walked out of the dressing room, shaking her head.

Camila looked at her daughter, "you look beautiful, baby."

Cindy clutched onto herself, "you can see my dick," she walked back into the dressing room.

Camila smiled at her cousin.

"I guess we should get going," Valentina sighed.

"Oh yeah." Camila looked down at her phone, "we've been here all afternoon."

"Let's go," the three girls walked out of the shop.

Valentina had to spend the rest of the day with Pricilla talking.

"Now go call your wife to be while I go to the bathroom," Pricilla handed the phone to her daughter.

"What why?" Valentina looked at her in shock.

"Just call!" Pricilla said forcefully.

"Hello?" Lauren's voice came to the phone.

"hey..." Valentina bit her lip, "my mom wanted me to call you."

"Why?"

"I don't know but she's in the bathroom right now," she whispered, "can we talk about the plan."

Lauren was silent for a moment, "I was thinking you could faint or something."

"How about, 'I don't love you Lauren so go find some other girl to marry.'"

"That wouldn't work."

"Then what?"

"Someone needs to call off the wedding during the ceremony," Valentina told her.

"No one will do no such thing!" Pricilla's voice came from behind.

Valentina's eyes went wide and she turned to her mother. "shit," she whispered to Lauren.

"Give me that!" Pricilla grabbed the phone from Valentina, "if you do anything to destroy this wedding I will make you suffer, do I make myself clear?"

"Yes ma'am," Lauren said nervously.