Steve's Girl Pt.6

Word Count 1.8k
*Fluff*

----

A week had passed since your last intimate encounter with Eddie, you'd seen him around school, flirted in secret as you passed each other in the halls and since that night, you spoke on the phone every evening at exactly 8pm.

Even if Steve was over, you made a point to still answer the phone, greeting the dark eyed man on the other end of the call as you simply just wanted to hear his voice before you hung up and rejoined your boyfriend on the couch.

It was your new normal.

As evening fell you laid on your bed, dressed beautifully as you silently held back tears.

Stood up once again.

Fuck Steve

Though it wasn't out of the ordinary, you thought he'd changed. Lately he'd been so sweet, so attentive, actually acting like a decent boyfriend. You thought he'd actually show up for the date he promised to take you on but you should have known better.

He'd called you to cancel a little over an hour ago. You were supposed to be at your dinner reservation two hours ago. You'd thought he was just running late, maybe he had a flat tire, maybe he got caught up at home, but as you answered the ringing phone you knew he was busy. Too busy to bother with you. Lying through his teeth, you heard the faint trickle of a girl's giggle in the background.

Great, he was fucking around. Again.

This wasn't the first time, nor the second, nor the third. Steve had pulled this act so many times it was countless. Whether it was showing up to a date with lipstick smudged on his neck, finding a pair of panties in his car that obviously weren't yours, smelling like someone elses perfume or phone calls like this one. None of this was new.

"Baby, I'm sorry I can't make it tonight, my dad needs some help with the um…" he pondered his excuse for a second as he tried to come up with something believable, "the plumbing." He nearly shouted as the thought came to mind.

With sadness and the growing feeling of heartbreak settling in your chest you just continued to listen to the man spin you a line.

"Stevie come back to bed" a girl's squeaky voice giggled out in the background as he continued to feed you a load of B.S.

"It's alright Steve. I get it. I'll see you tomorrow."

"See ya y/n"

*click*

Coldly he hung up, showing zero remorse as he dropped the phone back onto the hook.

Your heart continued to shatter as you laid in bed, tears welling in your eyes and a knot growing in your throat as you sucked back the tears that threatened to flow from your reddened face.

Fucking Steve

No matter how many times he stood you up, you stayed, though it's not like you had much of a choice.

So many times had you tried to break it off with the man and so many times had he refused to take you seriously.

"That's funny y/n" he'd say as he laughed it off or sometimes you'd just get a straight "Nope." Either way he'd never acknowledge your words. He'd treat you decently for a week, manipulate you into thinking it was a one time thing and he's changed. But you knew better. After the week had passed, he'd be right back at it, lipstick stains and all.

No matter how many times you'd try to end things, he'd never allow it.

Staring at the ceiling, finally letting your tears flow, you shook as tried to keep your hysterics to a minimum. Your mom didn't need to hear you crying, she had enough to worry about.