Chapter Five: Companionship

♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

Aliayah walked inside her apartment, her heart nearly beating out of her chest as she threw herself down onto her couch. Kicking her legs around like a child throwing a tantrum in a store. "Ain't no fucking way I just did that! Ain't no way!!" She screams into the couch cushions while accidentally unraveling the scent of Jungkook; Men's cologne with a hint of coconut. She sits up and covers her face which was burning hot from embarrassment. "Fuuuuuuck.." she mumbles. After 30 minutes of contemplating about her life and if she should just end it right at the second, she finally got off the couch and took a long deep breath and regained consciousness to her main reality. Aliayah headed off to take a nice long shower to get her mind off that embarrassing moment between her and Jungkook. 

Aliayah headed off to bed early, she had an exam for her first class again and didn't wanna be late like always. 

As the new day arrives Aliayah woke up around 5am to get ready. The weather would be chilly today so she threw on something comfortable and quick for the day and didn't cake up her face with too much makeup, just a bit of shaping her brows and applying eyeliner along with some lip gloss was enough. By the time 6:20 arrived she took the bus and walked the rest of the way to campus. Aliayah was surprised to be one of the first few students to be in class, usually it'll be nearly filled when she finally arrives. 

"Oh, Look who's excited for the exam." Her professor teased. Aliayah laughs awkwardly and heads to her seat. "You guys have til the bell rings to study, that's 30 minutes from now. But if not then that's fine, I won't pressure you at all." Her professor says while sipping on a Starbucks coffee. As Aliayah begins to pull out her belongings from her bag, she randomly scans the room. More people are walking and getting situated, some sleeping on their desk and others studying. As Aliayah pulled out her laptop she silently cursed to herself as it was completely dead and she didn't even bother bringing her charger. "..shit." she whispers.

"Here, you can use mine." Aliayah freezes at the familiar voice and hesitates to look up. Standing there was no one other than Damian. In his hand was a black laptop charger. He looked different, his Brown fluffy hair was a mess as it covered his face. He wore a gray sweatshirt and pants,  black Nike slides with white socks. That brown satchel bag he carries was hanging off his shoulder, and with one air pod in his ear. He sits the charger onto her desk and Aliayah takes a breath and shakes her head. 

"No, it's fine. I don't need it." She lies. Damian stares at her before nodding to himself "I'll leave it here then." He picks it back up and places it into the seat next to her and walks up to the top of the stairs to his seat. Aliayah eyes wonders to the charger as she sits her back against the chair. She silently groans and plugs in the charger into the built in electric socket beneath the table and charges her laptop. Damian sat at the far back of the room on the right as Aliayah sat at the far bottom left near the front. Even from this far she could feel his eyes burning the back of her head.  This was going to be a long class for her. 

Eventually the Bell rang and everyone began to take their exam. The subject was  modern history, nothing too hard. Besides, Aliayah was always more fascinated about history than the present. Enjoying the past far more than the future. The test was an hour long and even though the work packet wasn't that much it was still best to use that time wisely and be cautious with your answers. 

As Aliayah bubbles in an answer and makes it to the next question, she once again feels the presence of eyes on her. She tried glancing behind her without seeming to be cheating but it looked more as if she was looking at someone crazy; after getting concerned looks from her peers around she immediately turned back to her exam. She sighs deeply to herself and plans on ignoring the feeling. And not even nearly 5 minutes in, she couldn't seem to shake off the feeling; Starting to feel irritated and annoyed she turned around looking up at Damian and go off, only for him to not be  focusing on her at all.