Chapter Eight: Empathy

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"Yeah, yeah, it's open." The door swings open, revealing Jungkook with a serious expression. He takes a step inside, his hand still gripping the handle. A bright smile flashes onto Hoseok's face, as he leans against his seat with his feet propped up on his desk's surface. "Oh, Jeon! You've made it!" He chimed with glee. "Come along, sit." He adds, pointing to the chair across from him. Jungkook tiredly groans and closes the door behind him before trotting over to the chair, throwing himself down as he slouches With zero Care. "Okay, shoot. What is so important you need to tell me all of a sudden?" He asks, brushing his hair away from his forehead. Hoseok continues to smile brightly, wagging his feet a bit on the table as a glare reflects off his freshly coated wax shoes. "So glad you asked Mr. Jeon. I have another deal I want to pursue." He says, pointing towards Jungkook, waving his finger side to side very slowly. 

"You're fucking with me, right?" Jungkook scoffs. "Why on earth would I want to bet with you again? I still haven't received my shit in months, Jung, and I'm getting pretty sick and tired of having it on hold." He argues. Hoseok hums, a slight smirk appears on his face. "I had a feeling you were gonna mention that." He opens the bottom drawer of his desk, pulling out a thick stack of cash and throws it at the other's chest.

Jungkook looks down at it in disbelief. "Doubled the amount of what I owed. Told you we're getting your Money, just needed to be patient." Hoseok spoke as he pulled out a cigar from a fancy packaging. Jungkook glances back up at him, lost as ever. "H-how did you.. where did you get this money from? You were a complete deadbeat the last time I saw you." He questions while looking through the money, from 20s to 50s.  Hoseok chuckles between each puff. Dipping the ashes into a nearby ashtray. Softly scratching the stubble from his chin. "Let's just say.. I've made a deal with an Angel." He lets out a low chuckling laugh leaving Jungkook in a confused yet Concernful state.

Hoseok then adjusted himself to sit up straight, removing his feet off the table as they sat face flat on the ground. He then proceeds to rest his elbows on the surface. That smirk quickly disappears as a serious yet sinister aura gathers around them. Jungkook gives him an intriguing look, his back against the hard chair with the money still in his hands. "Now.." Hoseok starts. "As I was saying before, there's something I need to get straight with you Jeon. You know, a few weeks ago you and your little..Friend created a show here. Fist out and you weren't even in the ring, and it was way too good to be a brawl, you put that poor man in the hospital you know." He says, restating the altercation Aliayah had with the perverted male back then.

Jungkook's demeanor itched. "Poor man? Are you fucking serious? That "poor man" damn near assaulted her, And if it wasn't for whoever stopped me, he would've been six feet deep." He threatens. Hoseok lifts the cigar back to his mouth, the smoke rolls off his tongue like the wind. "You're correct. And you know what we could build with that much strength you conjure up? Think about it."

Jungkook scoffs at his ignorance "So what you are saying is that.. I should bring her back, set up an assault, "Save the day" just for some fucking publicity and bills?" 

"Not just Bills and Publicity, Advertisement." Hoseok adds. Jungkook chuckles with irritation and gets up from his seat. "Fuck you man. I'm not even supposed to be here! I promised to never return and I'm keeping my word." He stated while shifting to the door.  A long build up laugh released from the male behind him, Hoseok covers his eyes as he bursts into a bundle of laughter. "Oh C'mon Kook! You're really gonna stick to some bullshit like that? I know how you are, yeah you maybe be strong and independent on the outside but deep down you're like prey, afraid to go out but that's why I'm here! to give you the voice you need! You can't give up fighting, your life depends on it and without it you're nothing! And not to mention all this good money you're walking out on.. 20 Thousands, 40 thousands, you name it." Hoseok explains. "But if you leave now, that's all on you. But it won't change the fact you're still weak and pathetic, an omega to yourself and others. if you change your mind, you know where my door is."