Chapter 2: Thousands of Years

Space. It has many meanings, from an 'area which is unoccupied', available to 'free to the dimensions of height, depth and width within which all things exist or move' and so on.

The space we are talking about is the cosmos, stellar, whatever you call it, it only just have the same meaning. Space might be peaceful but actually it's in absolute chaos and we don't even realize it. Space is like ice skating, you are just drifting in the ice in peace then suddenly a person just passes near you, and many more will appear. The whole field is full of people and you must be careful not to hit them or else you might get hurt.

Why am I talking about this, you might ask. Well this is the point of this chapter, something big is approaching the system Serpulo is in. And there are different scenarios that might happen. Either Serpulo will be thrown out of the system or be eaten by the object. But we will watch first.
_________________________________________
(7 Planetary Revolutions Later)
[Serpulo is taken back to the arms of the Sharded faction on the 4 Planetary Revolutions]

[The Crux Faction has been driven out of the planet]

It has been three planetary revolutions since the Crux has been driven out of Serpulo.

In years, the Sharded are preparing for something. All sectors have their cores hidden in large bunkers while turrets, conveyors, factories and so on were inactive. Why are the cores are in large bunkers while Sharded infastructure are inactive? Let's go back 3 planetary revolutions ago.
_________________________________________
[3 Planetary Revolutions Ago]

The Sharded, using the IPA, launched a full scale satellite to observe space activities. Since their space technology is good, they were able to launch it without problems. The satellite orbit around Serpulo, recording everything it can sense then send it back to every Core on the planet.

They built a few more space craft to observe space activities and are planning to build a space station that has an IPA on board, due to the IPA in Serpulo only reaches about 5 Astronomical Units, only covering a few asteroids near the planet.

Until one day, they discovered in the night sky. The red star that is supposed to be far away is beginning to get closer. Now a smalll grain of dust into a rock. Along with it, some small observations outside the system. The outer edge of the system is being pulled towards to the red star, appearing that it will get close that it will disrupt the system, particularly the planets.

If Serpulo was thrown out, they will expect that it will be about 500 thousand years or even longer until they reached a new system, or maybe they will be stuck for eternity, drifting in space.

The AI hoped for the former, since waiting years until finding a new system is much more better than endlessly drifting in space. But first, they needed protection, protection against debris such as asteroids and meteoroids from space hurling towards Serpulo due to the star affecting the farther system.

Cores are naturally tough against projectiles, but space debris is another, and if one of those hit a core, the sector is basically lost. So they need to protect the core as losing the core means losing control of the said sector.

So the AI thought for a solution. A few moments passed and the AI found an answer. They will hide the cores in large amounts of walls that have mixed metals such as titanium, copper, thorium walls that are thick enough to protect against asteroids and meteoroids.

And so, the plan started.

In the first planetary revolution, they made a rapid progress of 32% cores protected and it rises to an astounding 69% in the next one. And along with those time, they made a few technological advancements.