Chapter 3: New Home

[68 Thousand Years Later]

We can see Serpulo, orbiting a yellow star in the 'Goldilocks Zone.' (A/N: AKA the Habitable Zone) Serpulo has returned to it's vibrant colors, similar in the past. The once iced oceans turned into warm waters, the once desolate ground turned into flora in the spore-free areas while the ice once covered the planet now rests to the poles of Serpulo.

The once deserted planet turned lively once more, especially due to the Sharded infrastructures running up again. Natural resources going into the cores or factories to make man-made metals such as Silicon, Surge Alloy, Plastanium and much more. Power nodes running multiple factories while Thorium Reactors and Impact Reactors work on the clock to produce electricity. Overdrive Domes also run around sectors to increase efficiency and electricity.

Everything will seem fine if not for the fact that a giant, arc-shaped thruster that surrounds the planet exist that also acts as a space station.

But Author, I hear your thoughts,

Why are you displaying a single image of a regular crab in my screen?

And also, how did a space station of that size is even built? And how did Serpulo orbit the star? Is this some kind of Plot Power or Fanfiction Plot, and when we asked you, you might say "Plot"?

That is a great question!

James...

Because before we get to the rest of the story, we must first understand the context on why is this station is built.

________________________________________

PART II
PROJECT IMPULSE

________________________________________

Let's go back thousands of years ago.

Back in the past, where the planet is still drifting. The AI returned to it's 100 year routine check on the planet and found itself in an area of space filled with ice rocks that seem to have been left by a star system. This was great news to the AI but also a bad news, the great news is that they might be able to possibly orbit the star but the bad news is that the chances of it happening are close to impossible.

But a wise person once said, 'It may be close to impossible, but it's never zero', or in some words like that. But it needs to mind the first and obvious thing, and is that they are in a field full of rocks that will (possibly) hit the planet. While the atmosphere has disappeared, eliminating the atmosphere burning issue, it does not eliminate the impact which can hit the cores.