Chapter 2

Everyone was stunned.

Aspen looked around and saw Everyone staring at her.

She felt tired, her eyes were hurting.

Her gums were hurting.

Her head.

Her throat.

Basically her entire body.

She made eye contact with the man she loved.

"Stefan?" She croaked out and that alone was all the assurance he needed to make sure he wasn't hallucinating.

He reached in and picked her up. He held her and cried.

She held him but was beyond confused.

She thought she had killed herself.

She wasn't the only one who was confused either.

Everyone was bewildered by her sudden lifeness.

Plus, she was all dressed up that they were getting Deja vu from Snow White. Or Sleeping beauty.

Stefan held her close. He wasn't going to let go again. He couldn't do it again. He had already thought about ending his life when hers was gone. He thought about turning his humanity off and making everyone else feel the loss he did without remorse.

But now he had her back.

Like hell was he gonna let go. He wasn't going anywhere without her.

Aspen on the other hand was gripping onto Stefan because now she was coming to realize what was happening.

She had died. She sacrificed herself for her own sister. She killed the Hollow along with herself. Yet she seemed to forget who her father was. She was an original daughter.

She had triggered her werewolf curse a long time ago. She had always had her witch powers. So now she had died, the vampire genes were going to start up.

She was officially a tribrid. The original tribrid.

Hope had realized what was happening too and gave her sister a sympathetic but happy smile. She didn't know how to react to her sister being part vampire but she was so happy she was alive. She had her sister back and much like Stefan, she didn't want to lose her again.

Aspen pulled away from Stefan and gave him one more smile before looking at her twin.

Stefan looked at where she was looking and understood. He gave his love a smile and kiss on the forehead before he backed away. He watched as she scooped her sister into her arms and held her.

Hope was struggling for air but she never complained. She couldn't complain because she would rather not breathe than to see her sister lay in a coffin again, not moving.

Aspen's attention was pulled away from Hope when she heard her blood pumping through her veins. Her eyes started to create the veins she had seen on vampires.

Stefan noticed what was happening and quickly, but gently, grabbed Aspen and pulled her into his side. She was breathing very heavily, trying to make sure she wasn't going to eat her sister.

Hope was stunned when she felt her sister being torn from her and was moving in the attempt to go to her when Caroline held her back. She had seen what was happening and didn't want any of the girls hurt.

"Caroline, why don't you take the twins and Hope inside. I'll stay with Aspen and make sure she's fine." Stefan suggested but his voice left no choice in the matter.

Caroline nodded and turned her head to the girls who were standing there, tears in their eyes from seeing their sister alive. They had been in shock the entire time. Their mother pushed them in the direction of the school and they obeyed. No questions asked.