Chapter 7

She did get over it.

She had to sit down with hope and the Mikaelsons.

Although she wasn't excited about the thought of having to be around them, she knew she would have to if she wanted to continue to be in Hope's life again.

And she did.

Now here she was, fidgeting with her fingers, nervous out of her mind, 7 months later..

She was wearing a white beautiful dress. her wedding dress.

Stefan had proposed to her months after the whole endeavors. She was beyond excited when he got on one knee and rushed out the word yes before she ran to him and gave him the biggest kiss she had ever given him.

Yet right now she was nervous because the wedding was supposed to have started 5 minutes ago but they couldn't find the groom.

She was pacing back and forth trying to not stress too much, it wasn't helping much.

Alaric had left to go try to find him.

A thousand thoughts went through her head. What if he doesn't love me anymore? What if he ran away with somebody else? What if you got kidnapped and I don't know and I'm just blaming him? what if, what if, what if.

That's all she can think about, the possibilities.

There was a knock at the door and she quickly turned around. The next person that walked in was her biological father, Klaus.

Their relationship still wasn't rock solid. There could be improvement, but she had welcomed him back into her life. For that he was grateful.

He gave her a gentle smile as he closed the door behind him. She stared at him expectantly, waiting for him to say anything.

"We found the groom and it is time to start." was all he said

Aspen stared at him in disbelief, " Well where the bloody hell was he?" Her small British accent coming out. She picked it up by spending time with the Mikaelsons.

"He was picking up a last minute gift."

"Seriously? He delayed our wedding for a small gift? It would have been a gift if he was here on time when our wedding was supposed to be." she exclaimed, shaking her head at her soon to be husband.

"Well if we stand here and keep discussing things it'll be longer before the wedding starts now wouldn't it?" He raised an eyebrow her a small smirk on his face.

"Fine, whatever let's do this, where's Alaric?" She rolled her eyes grabbing her bouquet and Veil.

"Outside waiting for us."

She nodded her head and put on her veil, with a little difficulty, before walking towards her father. They both started walking outside towards the venue when she stopped to look at him.

"Don't tell me you're getting cold feet now love?" He spoke to her.

She stared at him for a second before speaking to him.

"I'm sorry."

"You're sorry for what?"

"For running, or being a runaway, for being lost. But most of all treating you so horribly, I get you weren't the best father. Mom made you out to be this fairy tale King. A knight in shining armor. Then I heard the stories about who you truly were and it scared me. Scared me so much that I didn't want to show you my fear in case you would use it against me."

As she was speaking class took in every single one she spoke, the words affecting him more than he thought it would be.

"But I understand now, although it's not ideal, everything you did was to protect our family. To keep them safe, in your own Twisted way, keep them safe I should say. When you vowed always and forever, over a thousand years ago you kept your promise of it. Most people would disagree but you are a very loyal person, just have a funny way of showing it, and I'm happy that I'm a part of this family. That you are my father. Ric is a father figure to me, and I will always consider him that but you will always be my father. Which is why I want both of you to walk me down the aisle."

Klaus stared at her for a second not quite hearing her correctly until it finally settled into his head. He smiled at her a true genuine smile one, that he doesn't do quite often.

"It would be my honor to walk you down the aisle."

They linked arms together before walking towards Alaric who took her other arm.

The music started playing and as she started walking down everything started to settle in for Aspen.

She was going to marry her One and Only Love.

Her true love.

She looked down on both sides of the guest who were staring at her. Family and friends smiling. She caught Caroline's eyes as she mouthed to her that she looks beautiful.

Aspen gave a small giggle and mouthed back a thank you to Caroline. The two of them were smiling at each other.

She let her eyes go down the aisle to see her Made of Honor and bridesmaids.

Hope and the twins looked beautiful in their dresses, and she was glad that the girls all got together and actually became friends. She was scared Lizzy and Hope would buttheads too much.

She looked to the other side and saw Damon as the best man and Enzo as a groomsman.

Then she saw her soon to be husband. Her breath caught the same time his did. When they made eye contact.

This was their moment, this was their time.

When she got to him at the end Alaric and Klaus both told Stefan words about how to never hurt me or they would hurt him.

Personally I believe it should be the other way around because I am the more powerful one but it's the thought that counts.

The ceremony was beautiful. It flew by. Words and vows were exchanged but the only part that truly settled into Aspen's head was the moment they both said " I do".

They leaned into each other, sharing the first kiss between husband and wife.

Screams and cheers and laughs and clapping were all heard celebrating the two.

As they walked down the aisle together arm in arm, hands clasped together, Aspen realized that this part right here, this was the start of her happily ever after.

And she was more than ready to start it.

With a man she loved by her side and her family slowly but surely coming all together.

She could have sworn she had seen a fragment of her mother standing near the trees watching with a smile on her face. Just as soon as she saw her, she was gone but she knew her mother was there proud of her getting her happy ending.

She saw her uncle Kol and Aunt Davina at the end waiting for her to congratulate her.

She squealed out of happiness and ran to her uncle giving him the biggest bear hug she could manage.

He chuckled while spinning her around.

"I'm assuming you're the last minute gift that made my wedding start late?" Aspen asked him as they pulled away from the hug, giving Davina a hug as well.

"The best good-looking last minute gift that made your wedding late." He spoke, his cockiness coming out.

She giggled again before turning to Stefan and giving him a kiss on his cheek.

The rest of the family gathered around them all smiling and laughing.

Hope used her magic and little flowers started falling from the trees above them.

Aspen looked around seeing everyone with smiles talking to everyone else.

This was how she wanted her story time.

It might have started with darkness and pain.

But it ends with the healing of her family and the light of a new beginning.

She wasn't lost anymore and she wasn't a runaway.

She was a Mikaelson, a Salvatore, and a Saltzman.

She was a daughter, a wife, a friend, and a sister.

She was found.