Chapter 6

Faith was a funny thing.

Either you have it or you don't.

Though, some people that do have it lose it.

Then the people that don't have it gain it.

Aspen never thought of her faith. She always believed that the gods had no road for her. She was unplanned, she was never thought of.

Which was true.

She was a loophole, one not even the gods had seen. She was a mistake, although her mother would argue it was a beautiful mistake, or not a mistake at all but a gift.

She was accepting her position.

She didn't believe that she was going to survive this. She felt her heart beating faster than it had ever done before. All those times running, those times fighting the hollow that was inside of her, the dark black magic that was in her veins had never hurt her or made her fear for her life the way she was right now.

Perhaps she was depressed, maybe she just had Suicidal Thoughts but she was ready to die.

She was tired, tired of the way her life had been.

She had endured more dangerous and life-threatening situations than any child ever did.

She was still a child, a child who's scared and wants nothing more than to run into her father's arms.

Right now she would have even accepted Klaus'.

She closed her eyes waiting for her end to come.

Yet all her thoughts, all her denials had been erased the moment she heard Hope yell for her mother to stop.

She opened her eyes and saw her sister watching her own mother about to murder her sister. And she remembered she wasn't the only child who went through a lot, Hope did too.

Hope grew up halfway like she did, although not a lot of obstacles got in the way of her life, she still lost her sister, her other half, her twin.

Aspen looked at Hope and saw the tears in her eyes.

She glanced at Alaric and Caroline who looked more than beyond scared. She had grown quite close to Caroline, a good friend, a best friend even. Caroline didn't want to lose a best friend.

Alaric looked at Aspen with devastation and panic. He thought of her as a daughter, hell she was his daughter, it didn't matter if it was by blood or not. And to see that she is about to die in front of him when he could do absolutely nothing made him feel helpless, Made him feel absolutely unnecessary.

She glanced at the Mikaelson Brothers and saw both of them with panicked faces. Although she may not have considered them family anymore yet she still believes that there was a part of her heart that loves them.

The last person she looked at was Stefan. He had tears in his eyes crying, pleading with Hayley to just let you go. You didn't need to really hear his voice to see the pain and the pleading in his eyes to not lose Aspen.

He loves her, more than anything, more than anyone he had ever met. Sure he had been in love with Elena once and thought they were true love but that was all thrown out the window when he met Aspen.

She was the one he wanted to spend eternity with. The one he would love to marry, possibly even adopt children with.

Aspen's heart hurt even more when she saw Stefan. She had never been in love before him. She never had the time, she never met anyone that she loved enough, that she knew long enough. He was her first love and she intended to be his last.