Chapter 4

If annoyance was a person, Aspen would be the embodiment of it.

The belittling voice of her birth father speaking to her as if she were still a child was the spark she needed to change emotions quickly, courtesy of her new vampirism.

"First of all, have care of the tone you use with me. I am not so easily kind hearted anymore. Secondly it is truly amusing how you walk into this home after all these years like you own the place. Unless you have forgotten, you are not a god, remember you are just like us. Not above, maybe a little below." She spoke to Klaus.

It seemed her words offended not only the Hybrid but Elijah as well because both seemed taken aback from the words she spoke.

Hayley also seemed to have an affect because she was the one who jumped in next to defend Klaus.

"I think, we should all calm down, though Klaus should use a better tone, it should be made known what's happened within these past couple events."

Aspen turned around to look at Hayley annoyance on her face. She saw her sister still in her mothers arm and decided not to be completely rude.

She glanced at Stefan and saw him reluctantly nod his head as if to agree with Hayley. She took that as a sign to go sit down next to him, avoiding the Originals looks they had on their faces.

The Mikaelson brothers took a seat on one side while the Saltzman, Forbes, and Salvatore sat on the other.

Caroline sent the twins to go get ice cream in town, not wanting them to be here in case this didn't stay calm.

"So, whats up?" Aspen spoke after a while, her voice confused, her face grimacing a little.

She didn't like the awkward silence, it was slowly killing her, but did regret those words specifically.

She could have been a bit more serious but then again she wasn't.

Hope giggled a little and Stefan nudged her so that made her a little bit better.

"What's Up? Really? That's what you have to say? How about a little game of twenty questions? Like why you left? Why you hid yourself? Why you are here of all places?" Klaus spoke, questions coming out one after the other.

"Um, I don't really like that game, how about I go grab monopoly or something?" Aspen asked and started to get up to grab the boardgame.

Stefan grabbed her arm and pulled her back next to him. He shook his head at her and nodded to an irritated Klaus.

"Ok, fine. Question time. By the way, that's not how the game works either, I have to ask questions between yours." She rolled her eyes, sitting back and crossing her arms.

"Why did you leave Andromeda?" Elijah asked her.

She looked at him as if he had stupid written on his forehead.

"For vacation." She replied sarcastically.

Another nudge was made towards her, this time from Caroline who was sitting beside her.

She rolled her eyes once again.

"First of all my name is Aspen, not Andromeda. Plus, I left to protect Hope, the Hollow was coming after her and the only way to stop her was either kill Hope or put into you Mikaelsons. I couldn't let Hope lose Klaus after we had just got him back, So I decided to be the older sibling and take the shit end of the stick. Finn would know what I mean, if he was still alive." She said, her eyes staring straight into Klaus' at the end. Making him shift uncomfortably.

That brought a smile to her face.

The next to give her a sign to stop was Alaric who was leaning behind her on the back of the couch. Except his was a smack to her head.

Hayley cleared her throat and looked at the girl sitting on the couch. The sarcasm may have came from her father but her facial features and smart ass remark was all her mother.

"Why didn't you come to us? Why not have us help you? We're your family, we would have found a way to get it out of you."

She looked at Hayley irritated. She knew what she was like.

She knew that she put up a good front but on the inside she was a stone cold bitch who only thought about herself.

Don't get her wrong, she loved her when she was younger and is grateful she helped raise Aspen when her mother passed but she knew it was only to get into the good graces of Elijah.

"Oh please, like you could help with your all powerful witches. You couldn't even find a child who cloaked herself." Aspen spoke bluntly.

She loved her Aunt Davina and Uncle Kol, but Davina's magic had no gain on Aspen.

Hayley looked taken back by what she said.

"That is no way to speak to the woman who helped raise you." Elijah said, looking at his niece.

He noticed she was different. As a child, from what he saw she was brave and a little standoffish but she was kind and spent the majority of her time either with her sister or with her imagination.

Yet now he saw the coldness in her eyes. She was closed off, overly sarcastic. Although that could just be what she inherited from his brother.

"Like you're any better Elijah? I mean honestly the only reason you truly care about me is because you can't have children of your own. You live through your brother because you know he has done much more than you have. He's actually lived his life, while you sat on the side and made sure he didn't get out of line ." She spoke, harshness coming out of her mouth.

Before the Mikaelsons could respond back Caroline jumped into the conversation to try to diffuse it.

"How about we all just take a deep breath and have a drink?" She turned to Alaric silently telling him to grab drinks for everyone with her eyes.

Alaric nodded his head and turned around, but before he could start grabbing drinks Aspen decided not to hold her tongue anymore. Her heightened emotions were getting to her and right now she could care less she sounded like a real bitch.

"You know what, why do you all come inside here acting as if you are entitled to any kind of information about my life? I'm 97% sure that you are not me, that you have not lived my life, so instead of coming in here and acting as if you have a right of knowledge, as if you had actually taken care of me for more than 10 years, how about you show respect to people's homes and to them because as a matter of fact you are not the best of company. Which I'm sure they know or at least remember from way back in the 2010s.."

Stefan turned to look at her, knowing that she had a lot more to say but wanted to stop the fight before anything more dramatic happened. He remembered how these Originals were.

He leaned towards her and whispered, although he knew they could hear him, "How about we go into the kitchen and relax for a second before we start saying hurtful things?"

Aspen considered it for a moment before she saw Klaus' face and decided to just blatantly ignore Stefan.

"No, no it's not like any of us wanted them here, except maybe Hope because I love Hope. But for the rest of them? Jesus Christ, nobody asked them to come here. Nobody asked for them to show up. Quite frankly nobody in particularly likes them including me, including you, including everybody else in this god forsaken town" She turned to look at all of them who are sitting across from her on the separate couch "I don't want you here, I don't want you anywhere near me, I don't want you to hurt these people because these ones, the people that actually have cared for me these past years, the ones that helped me the most that they could do, my family, they are the only people that matter to me and if you even think about coming back here and trying to force yourself back into my life, I will hurt you slowly painfully and non-mercifully, I give you my word on that. I may not like you Klaus and I may never want anything to do with you but I am my father's daughter and just like my uncle I keep my word, majority of the time, right Elijah?"

She stood up and started to walk towards the front door to open it for them before it was kicked open. And sent her staggering backwards.

Dozens of people holding stakes and carrying chains stood outside.

Aspen turned to glance at Stefan.

Oh for fucks sake.