Chapter 22

Can you guys please add in inline comments, I really want to know what you guys are thinking, PLEEEEEASE!!

The key turned and the lock clicked.

She pushed open the door slowly.

A pungent smell immediately rammed into her nostrils, causing her to stumble back in surprise.

She knew something was wrong.

Due to obvious reasons, the flat wouldn't have been cleaned all these years but the stench was far too strong.

Indeed, something was amiss.

She slowly entered the apartment, nothing seemed as if it was out of place.

Her hand glued towards the light switch enlightening the room.

Her eyes quickly scanned the room, there was a pile of clothes stacked in the far corner.

She edged slowly towards it.

The stench wafting through the air became stronger and stronger.

She nervously pushed the pile to one side, afraid of what she was about to find.

And lo and behold, the carpet was covered in a black stain, the stench overwhelmed her senses making her gag.

She walked to it slowly, bending down to touch it, the carpet squelched under touch making her cringe with disgust.

It was blood.

It had to be blood.

She began moving the furniture from that area of the room, she moved the sofa which was placed against the wall, the wall had a massive patch of blood on it.

Her hands moved frantically as pushed away the rug that was used to hide the stain.

There was a strong trail of blood until it just suddenly stopped.

There was a clear handprint on the floor next to the blood, her heart dropped.

Her shaking hand reached for her phone, calling the only individual she knew had both the expertise and willingness to help her.

"Syed, come quick." She whispered into the phone.

Paranoia shrouded her being.

Her eyes darted to the area around her, looking for anything remotely suspicious.

She walked through the kitchen, her eyes often darting to the handprint and then the door.

She checked the rooms one by one.

Noting out of ordinary.

Her eyes snapped to the clock, it had been 10 minutes and he still wasn't here.

She dejectedly walked around awaiting his arrival, she was about to put the sofa back to where it was
when she noticed a pile of plaster and bits of brick.

Her eyes scanned the wall and laid on the corner behind a house plant, a small camera was placed inside the wall, not obvious to a scanning eye.

She assumed that it was able to see the whole room, including herself, but was unsure whether or not it would still be operating.

She moved closer to the wall and towards the hidden camera.

She hit the wall once.

It jolted out of place.

She hit it again and then again.

The camera flew out of its hiding spot and was left dangling due to its wire.