0.02

•~ Black coffee Lightens up Joong-gil ~•

Years had passed since Kim Yoori's death and since then, she has been working as a member of the Jumadeung's Escort Team.

After years of working with her, Joong-gil saw how conscientious, compassionate and persevering she is and later on realised how he developed a soft spot for the girl who would always bring him his coffee in the morning or after a long exhausting day.

So after an agreemant between him and The Jade Emperor, Yoori was promoted to be the assisstant manager of the Escort Team and work alongside Park Joong-Gil.

Which leads to where she is right now. Red and purple lights flickering in the darkness of the club. Loud music blasting. Her dark-black hair pulled in a high ponytail with two strands of hair hanging in the front and framing her face. Her dark-red lips pulled in a slight smirk as she observed her boss doing his job.

"The only thing waiting for you.. Is the pain of Hell" Joong-Gil sneered at the man who was looking at his own corpse, Petrified.

°•°•°• Yoori's pov •°•°•°

My black high heeled boots clicked against the dance floor as I approached Joong-Gil and handed him the tablet

"Sung Chi-wook, born 12:04 a.m. on July 16th, 1984. This life has been collected. Escort him" He ordered as he gave back the tablet to Jae-Hee. "I'll take him back to the company" was Jae-Hee's response.

We walked in each other's company for a little while when I broke the silence "I need to inform you, there is an emergency summons from the board of directors. The Director is attending it as well"

"It must be because of that team" he said with a look of irritation.

"Stop right there. You better not pick up a fight with Ms Koo again." I told him with a look of 'im done with ur dramaqueen acts'

"Are u ordering me around Ms Kim?" He demanded with a sterned voice. Now... if Joong-Gil talked like this with anyone, they would either die on the spot or run away from him out of fear. But I could see his slight arched brow and a slow smirk starting to form on his lips which means that he was teasing me. A side that he rarely shows.

"I am not ordering you around SIR" I emphasised the word 'sir' while holding in my smile "I am just telling you to be a bit more polite to people around you".

"I'll try to" he said while the corner of his lips twitched up slightly. 'Aishh this man needs to loosen up a bit' .Then our paths seperated . Him to the meeting. Me? I'M CRAVING CHICKENS.

"Annyeonghaseo ajumeoni" I greeted the sweet woman working. The woman, who's food always had a mother's touch in it. Her cookings reminds me of mom so much

"Hello to you too sweetie. Here for another box of fried spicy chicken?" She asked with a knowing look while smiling at me.

"Ahh you already know it. Yes pleasee". We talked for a bit but when I was about to pay her she stopped me.

"Keep it." she said kindly. I was about to ask why when she interrupted me. "I had just got a call from my son saying that he got his first job and I want you to take this as I am over the moon right now, It's on the house" She told me excitedly and gave me a hug.

I hugged her back, thanked her and congratulated her for her son's success. Then I went back to work while munching on my salty, spicy and delicious chickens

On my way to the office I bought a coffee for Joong-gil as I already know how his mood is gonna be after the meeting and with Ms. Koo present there....aishh these two should make up already.

I wasn't looking where I was going when I suddenly bumped into someone.

"Im sorry miss I wasn't looking where I was going " A familiar voice apologised.

"Well hello to you too Mr Lim and don't worry, I wasn't looking where i was going either ... So dont apologise" I reassured him with a small smile.

He smiled back at me. "Are u waiting for Mrs Koo?"

"Yes ma'am and I'm guessing you're here for Mr park?" "Yepp.. he'll need his coffee right about...." I looked at my watch "Now" .

The door opened and Joong-gil came out with Koo ryeon behind.

"I've gotta go now. See you later Mr Lim" I left him standing there. I could feel his stare on me as I was walking away but ehh maybe i was imagining it. I caught up with the stubborn man who's my boss. 'Lucky me huh'..

I handed him the coffee which he took after giving me a grateful look and a low 'thanks'.

I did not say anything to him as I could feel the tension radiating from his rigid posture and clenched fist .... 'welp the meeting did not go that good, thats for sure'.

I made my way to my office and started by placing the files in order and getting rid of the papers on my desk from previous works.

I was currently on my tablet searching infos on the next soul that I'm gonna be escorting.
'Well would you look at this. An alcoholic..'

Next thing i knew I started getting flashbacks. Again.

His hand making an impact on my cheek. Taking his belt out. Whipping sounds. Screams. My screams... I could not stop those thoughts . No matter how hard i tried. Some memories are just stuck with you i guess.

I wiped the tears off my cheek and went to the hand basin in the corner and splashed some cold water on my face. After drying my face, I put some light makeup on. I sat on  my grey bean bag that I had decided to put in my office cuz honestly.. its too soft and comfortable and the room was looking too empty soo.. why not

I was too tired and my head was aching so I decided to close my eyes for a bit.