0.05

▪︎~ When you just click with someone ~▪︎

I opened my eyes slowly trying to adapt to the bright light when suddenly a face appeared infront of me. Eyes widened, I backed away on the sofa. It was The director. She was looking at me with soft eyes and asked me 'how I was feeling'.

I had a lot of things i wanted to say . My head was full of thoughts, incomplete visions, doubts, questions. Questions that were on the tip of my tongue but I held them back. I was not ready to talk about this yet. Images of my dead body covered in blood replaying in my head over and over again. Still I kept quiet of this matter.

I only opened my mouth to say "I'm fine" accompanied with a small fake smile. "I had skipped lunch today and on top of it I was ignoring sleep these past few days so thats why i fainted..." the director knew i was lying but she let me get away with it with a single nod of her head.

I was on my way out when the Director called out to me "Miss yoori, you can talk to me whenever you feel like it. I'll be here with some tea prepared for us both. To have a little chat".

"Yes ma'am" I bowed while giving her a slight smile and then headed out.

It was park joong gil's voice .. I am sure that he is the one who took me to the director's office. I should probably go and inform him that everything is ok

I knocked on his door. One slow knock, two abrupt knock and one more slow knock..years ago, I had made this silly thing for him to know it's me behind the door...why? Well..cause i wanted to.

This time I didn't hear a gruff 'come in' like always. Instead the door handle turned and I saw Joong gil looking at me with a blank face ..as usual.

He moved out of the way and I skipped to the sofa to have a seat.

"Thank you". He looked at me confused and then I added "for bringing me to the director".

He looked at me for a while and then said "you don't need to say thank you yoori". "I know but still" I replied back, smiling at him. I hope he knows how much I appreciate him. He looked back at me and his lips stretched to a smile. A real one. As if he read my mind and understood.

Years ago when I had first came to jumadeung, I was lost. I didn't know what I was supposed to do or how to cope with this feeling that was eating me up. I felt trapped here, at Jumadeung. I wanted to go back home. Back to my dog, to my library. I had no one here . At least on earth I had my old man, ji-ho who would give me cookies everytime i help him with the library.

Then for the next few days I had started bumping into Joong-gil. Everywhere I go, I would notice him standing not so far from me. And these little encounters turned into drinking coffee at his office while he works and I'd observe him. Sometimes I would crack some joke which would make the corner of his lips turn upwards. It was progress for me cause I always thought he was a rude and unfeeling man. But with time I found out he is actually a big softie..just that he rarely shows it..

And then the day came when he made it official. Me staying by his side everyday ..I guess he loves my presence hehe. No matter how many times he denies it.

You ever met someone and you just click? Like.. you somehow know this person and already trust them. You feel at ease next to them. Whenever u need reassurance or comfort or someone to talk to, to get ur minds off of something. You turn to that person.

It's like there is this strong connection between both of you...this.. invisible thread leading u to each other. No matter how much you try to pull away, the other end which is attached to that other person will pull you back and same thing happens to the other one. You will always be found near each other even though the little distance inbetween. The more there are conflicts, misunderstandings, fights, the more the thread extend as u try to avoid each other. But, You just gotta follow the line and u will find each other again.