Chapter 9

"Prince Erik it seems our adviser crossed the line today," Prince Leon said. 

"What do you mean?" Prince Erik asked. 

"Well we think she might be the lost princess but we are not one hundred per cent sure. Also, you should know she was found in the forbidden forest. She is a strong rider and a powerful magic user. 

"A message from an elder that passed is suggesting she might be the lost princess however your laws are the problem here," Prince Leon said. 

"What do you mean?" Prince Erik asked. 

"Her dragon is royalty if we touch that dragon lock her up or kill her we will have a war with the dragons on our hands and we don't have the means to fight both the dark creatures and the wild dragons," the king said. 

"Wait what are you saying?" Prince Erik asked. 

"We are saying that your sister's dragon Diamond has royal blood in her and so does her mate and his rider. The elder dragons already spread the word. Magica's future queen has been found it's only a matter of time before they find one another," Prince Leon said. 

"How the hell did this happen?" the prince shouted. 

"We don't know the details out selves, but while we were confronting your sister Ronald overstep a boundary and she wasn't convinced it's safe here. Diamond broke the windows and freed her rider. They are gone now Prince Erik," the queen said. 

"So I came here for nothing then," Prince Erik shouted. 

"Not true, I would like to discuss the dark creature with you and share information. Maybe we can come up with a plan to convince your sister that Diamond is in no real danger," Prince Leon suggested. 

"Very well at least I won't be going home empty-handed then," Prince Erik said. 

"Tell me why is it that Avalon is so against Magica's return?" the king asked. 

"I don't know my father hasn't really discussed the matter with me but I wonder why the elder dragons would want Magica to return now of all times," Prince Erik asked. 

"Why don't you talk to the golden dragon elders? They are very old and might know why this is happening now?" the queen suggested. 

"I heard story's about them but I didn't know they were real," Prince Erik said. 

"Not many know they are still alive and we tent to keep it that way but you should know the elder dragon that we freed told you sister there were dark dragons stronger than he was out there," Prince Leon said. 

"How strong was this elder dragon?" Prince Erik asked. 

"His rider was one of the legendary riders that won the last war against the dark wizard," the king said. 

"Wait you're telling me Duke was a dark dragon?" Prince Erik asked shocked. "Yes, and your sister had to call royal elder dragons and forest guardians for help. We even had to call in the elders to help purify him. She is strong but alone I don't know how far she can go," Prince Leon said. 

"She could not have gone very far," Ronald said. 

"Her dragon is royalty and that class of dragons are known not only for power but speed. Catching her right now would be impossible. I think it's better to ask the golden elders for their advice on the matter maybe they will know where she is hiding," Prince Leon suggested. 

"Yes, I have to agree with you even if we fly in the same direction we could fly for days without finding her and then there's the matter of her riding a dragon. We can not have a war with the dragons the dark creatures are a big enough threat so how do we work this out then? If she comes back she will have to stay in the palace until she is married and then she has to stay in her husband's home until she dies. She is not allowed to ever ride again," Prince Erik said. 

"That very law is why she isn't going to go home, her dragon has a mate and his rider is your sister's future husband. It's like being engaged to a stranger. On top of all this, she grew up in an isolated place. If we leave things as is I don't see how Magica's kingdom is going to be revived or even how the two will find each other," Prince Leon said. 

When Ronald left the room Prince Leon told Prince Erik what his sister also had said, "Prince Erik, Duke also said that there are traitors everywhere. Even here in Caledonia's palace," Prince Leon said. 

"Duke is not the first one to warn me, Prince Leon, the dark creatures' numbers have been increasing and I have to admit that if we have to start fighting the very elders we have sworn to protect it will only ignite into a bigger war. Is there no other way to free them other than killing them?" Prince Erik asked. 

"If there is we in Caledonia don't know of such a method but your sister might be the one to answer that question. It seems the forest guardians listen to her when she calls them. If we can find her she might be able to convince the royal mythical council to meet with us. They might know of a solution," the queen suddenly asked. 

"For that to happen we need to find her and she isn't going to come back as long as she is convinced we mean Diamond harm," Prince Leon said. 

"What about her dragon's mate, if we find him he might be able to find her," Prince Erik said. 

"How do you suggest we go about looking for him then," Prince Leon asked. 

"Easy how many riders have bonded to a royal dragon and both being male?" Prince Erik asked. 

"Wait if we find him and he knows of this we can tell him about Lilly. She won't listen to us but she might help if he asks," Prince Leon said. 

"Yes but first let's check with these golden elders and see if we missed anything but for now we keep this a secret I don't want it getting out that Avalon is allowing one of our princesses to ride dragons.