Chapter 12

"Docter is she going to be okay," a voice asked. "Yes, your highness she used a lot of power and I suspect a lack of sleep led to this condition. She will recover but you need to let her sleep," the doctor said. 

Diamond has been listening to the conversation between her mate's rider and a doctor. It seemed like he knew what he was doing but she had this feeling in her that kept telling her something was terribly wrong. 

"What's wrong my love?" her mate asked sensing her worry. "You don't feel the danger that's riding the wind do you?" Diamond asked Thunder her mate. "Yeah I have been feeling it for a few days now, it's what has the riders on edge," he said. 

Diamond tried to get some rest and eventually she managed to fall asleep. "Thunder what is wrong?" his rider asked. "I think we have trouble on the horizon coming for us. It could be a few days but it will be here soon," Thunder told his rider. 

"Did it follow Diamond and her rider?" he asked. 

"No, but I have a feeling they won't be able to rest for much longer," Thunder replied. "I know, she has power the riders that bought her in said she was very strong and yet insisted she needed more training," the prince told Thunder. 

"It's only natural, the more the train together the stronger they grow," Thunder said. 

"I always thought she would be a princess from the kingdom of Aurora I never thought about the fact that she might be Avalon's own princess," the prince said. 

"That's a different headache. They won't let her leave with her dragon if they find her," Thunder said. 

Lilly slowly woke up her eyes, in the distance she heard a call. An ancient call asking for her to be his guide. Standing up she walked out of the tent. Seeing the riders looking at her she raised her hand and spoke the powerful words the ancient call has been asking to hear. 

"Ancient guardian come to me be my aid. Let me hear your message wind be his guide forest be his light set him free and let him come to me once more," Lilly shouted. 

A powerful wind could be heard and then the ground shook. 

"What is she doing?" the prince asked. Diamond was on her feet the moment her rider spoke. "An ancient guardian woke her, he called her and asked to see her. She granted that wish and is guiding him in," Diamond told her mate and his rider. 

"Couldn't they let her sleep, I don't know how long we will be here until we have to move again," the prince asked. 

"Don't complain she has the ability to ask them for help in times of danger. If you disrespect them they won't answer next time," Diamond told the prince. 

Lilly lowered her hand from the sky and looked at the creature that came into their camp. He was a unicorn that clearly had lived a long time. His horn curled and was almost a meter long. His body was covered in scars from the past battles and his main snow white was being dragged along the ground behind him. His dark black hoofs revealed the power hidden within them. 

He stood in front of Lilly looking at the rider and the dragons. Upon seeing Magica's future king and queen he bowed showing his respect. "Greeting old one," Lilly spoke. 

"It's been so long since I stood in front of the last king and queen of Magica I am proud to say that on my final day I get to see the new king and queen of Magica," the old one said. 

"Thank you but we are not king and queen yet," Lilly said. 

"My dear that's where you are wrong, you are already the king and queen for the thrown has been abandoned your ability to hear me and answer me is proof that you are indeed our queen but I fear you and the king have a long and dangerous path ahead of you," the old one said. 

"What do you mean?" Lilly asked. 

"For the guardians have traitors working for them and the rulers of their kingdoms are too distracted to notice the traitors. Magica's crown has been stolen from Avalon's vault and replaced with a replica. 

"Is that dangerous?" Lilly asked. 

"The crown is the symbol of power for a kingdom but it's not needed. However, Magica's power is attracting a lot of attention. You need to go to the palace and lay claim to the land. The ancient elders will be waiting for you but they will not wait forever," the old one said. 

"How do we find the palace?" Lilly asked. 

"That is the test that you must take. Follow the stars until the road ends. Look at the golden eyes and soon all will be revealed. Once there they will answer and the crown will be revealed. Once lost it will be found. Crowned its new king and queen they will unite all and fight a dark creature that once destroyed the land. They will claim victory but it's not the end only the beginning for an old enemy is back and stronger than ever. If he gets Magica's power it will be the end of all as we know it," the old one said. 

"What if we are not strong enough?" Lilly asked worriedly. 

"Princess you do not have to worry, in time you will grow. The road is long and filled with challenges your families will help but first, they must learn about the dangers for themselves," the old one said. 

"What can we do to prepare?" the prince asked. 

"I will give you Lilly a power that will help," the old one said. 

"What is this ability?" Lilly asked. 

"It gives you the power to call upon the ancient once. Used it wisely for once an ancient one is called he will only help you once. If you prove yourself worthy he will grant you the ability to call upon him again but only if you prove yourself in front of him," the old one said.