Chapter 13

"Prince Leon you have had me walking down this long ridiculous tunnel for the past four hours does it even have an end," Prince Eric spoke. The guards could hear the venom in his voice and understood his irritation. 

This was not an easy road to travel not even for the dragon and everyone was trying to do their best but it was still a challenge that they would rather not be doing. 

Prince Leon seemed to have taken this trip the easiest. He doesn't seem to be bothered by it somehow. "Look I know it's not an easy path to take but we have no other chose the golden dragons won't let us use any other exit and it's for good reason," Prince Leon said. 

"Why on earth would they insist on us taking this road?" Prince Erik asked. 

"Because it's their rules, just like you have your rules they have there's and it's good manners to obey them," Prince Leon finally spoke. 

"Rules, why does that should familiar," Prince Eric asked. 

"Well, it's because your sister refuses to accept your rules and is out on her own and now we need to find a way to bring her back down to earth and it needs to be a way that isn't going to trigger another war," Prince Leon remained Prince Erik. 

Everyone finally came to a stop and Prince Leon looked at Prince Erik. "We are here, look they are waiting to speak with us," Prince Leon said. 

"There were two golden dragons sleeping the male was on the right and the female on their left. "Prince Leon, I see you brought us a visit," the male asked. 

His golden scales had a golden shine upon them his mate was even more beautiful than any one of the riders could ever imagine. Prince Leon bowed and Prince Erik followed by showing respect. 

"Good day royal elder dragons," they spoke in unison. Their guards bowed and remained bowed as the prince's dragons showed respect and took respective positions in the chamber as the men spread out taking respective positions as well. 

"What brings you here?" the female dragon asked. 

"Magica's princess has been found and she has bonded to a royal dragon named Diamond," Prince Leon informed them. 

"She is not with you so is suspect Ronald calling her brother scared her away," the female dragon said. 

"How did you know that?" Prince Leon asked. 

"My prince we dragons speak even at a great distance but what you need to be worried about is that the traitor that Duke spoke of is not only one but several and he is not the only traitor even in Avalon there are traitors," the female dragon spoke. 

"Who dares to betray our trust?" Prince Erik asked. 

"Magica's crown was stolen and replaced with a fake a few hours ago," a golden dragon spoke. No one saw him coming in but from the look of his scales, he was a lot younger than the elders they were looking at. 

"What, that means it's someone close to my father. He would not let anyone into that room," Prince Erik said fuming. 

"True words prince Erik but your kingdom lost the respect of the female elder dragons by refusing to let your princess bond with any mythical creatures. I fear I should warn you it will mean the end of Avalon if your future queen does not gain their trust," the female golden dragon warned. 

"Is it not enough that my sister bonded to a dragon?" he asked in anger. 

"No, your sister is the future queen of Magica, not Avalon. Their mission is different from yours my dear prince," the female golden dragon spoke. 

"She left my kingdom alone, we are worried she is in danger. Can you help us find her?" Prince Leon finally asked. 

"Do not worry my Prince Leon, Diamond has found her mate Thunder his rider is the second prince of Aurora kingdom. Prince Leo has been taking care of her. She was exhausted after healing Diamond's brother mate after she was attacked by hunters. Your sister is awake now but the ancient elders were impressed and she has earned the right to ask them for help," the male golden dragon said. 

"It makes me proud to know she has already achieved so much but corrects me isn't Prince Leo the banished prince?" Prince Erik asked. 

"Yes he is but he is more than ready for his new mission," the golden male dragon said. 

"I think if anyone can heal his heart it's your sister. She is not afraid to do what is right. She even took on the forbidden forest guardian a few years ago. I believe it was a fight to remember but she proved that she is more than capable to be Magica's queen. Prince Leo might not have a good start but I believe he will be able to learn from his mistake. In fact, it's his mistake that might help defeat the very dark forces that took Magica in the first place," the female golden dragon said. 

The female golden dragon shocked Prince Erik. "You think they can actually win against that creature?" prince Erik asked. 

"Yes but now for your test my dear prince," the female golden dragon said. 

"What test is it that I need to take?" Prince Erik asked. 

"Your dragon has a mate who has a female rider. They are not from Avalon and her father sees her as his biggest treasure however he has fallen ill and will not survive for much longer. You need to prepare for her arrival for she has like your sister the guardian's blessing. She might be able to gain the female dragon elders' trust but first, you need to gain her trust and if you want advice to get rid of that stupid rule that women can not bond to mythical creatures or it will be the destruction of your kingdom," the female golden dragon said. 

"You also need to find her, she has been told by the guardians that when her mate is ready for her arrival he will fetch her. The royal elder dragons in Avalon will tell you how to find her after you proved to them that you are prepared to make the changes. Riders like her are rare and we are in need of them against the dark creatures. We will not put her in your hands if we believe she is in danger, but do not take your time. If she loses her father before you arrive Avalon's destruction will be guaranteed, " the golden male dragon spoke.