Chapter 19

Waking up in on a soft bed Lilly couldn't figure out why she was there in the first place. Looking around she noticed the room decor and found herself looking at a beautiful dress laid out neatly for her. She stood up walked out towards the dress and looked at it closely. 

The dress was covered in brightly colored flowers. Getting dressed was a bit of a challenge being used to wairing nothing but t-shirts and pants she found herself wishing they had given her pants to wear instead of a dress. 

The maid came in and smiled at Lilly's dressing struggles. "Why could you not have bought me something easier to wear," Lilly complained looking at the maid. 

"Miss the queen chose this dress specifically for you but if you like I can help you?" the maid asked. 

"Please do, I have no idea how this dress going to stay on my body today. It looks like it could fall off any minute," Lilly complained. 

Laughing the maid helped Lilly into the dress. She showed her where to step into the dress and where to put her hand through. The maid finished by tying the dress at the back with a small white ribbon. Lilly sat still while the maid did her makeup and tied her hair into a needed ponytail. 

Looking at herself in the mirror Lilly didn't recognize herself. "Is that really me?" she asked the maid looking surprised. 

"Yes miss it is you and you look beautiful," the maid said. 

"Thank you," Lilly said but walked out of the room she felt a familiar sense of dread. Looking around the room she felt a forgotten memory bursting through her mind. A maid laying on the floor dead a  knight grabbed her and a silver dragon flew away from the forbidden forest. 

Holding her head she wondered, what was that vision just now? "Miss are you okay, everyone is waiting for you at the breakfast table," the maid said. 

"O right yes, can you take me to the breakfast table I don't think I am going to find it without getting lost first," Lilly said. 

At the breakfast table, Leo looked up and asked Lilly, "how did you sleep last night?" 

"Good I forgot how it felt to sleep in a real bed a maid had to help me into my dress I can not believe I didn't know how to put it on. Of course, I have been used to whatever think I find in the forest. Thank you for the beautiful dress, your highness," Lilly said. 

"It's my pleasure, I see the maid made sure you got here in time as well," the queen asked. 

"Yes, I asked her to show me the way, I would have gotten myself lost and then missed breakfast altogether," Lilly said. 

"That's good then, thank you you may continue with your duties," the queen said. 

"Tell me how long has it been since you slept in a real bed?" the king asked. 

"I honestly do not know, I think the last time I slept in a bed was the night before Avalon's attack. I don't remember much of the incident but I do remember a dragon and his rider leaving me in the forbidden forest," Lilly said. 

"Wow, then you are the missing princess of Avalon, your mother must be worried about you?" the queen said. 

"I honestly wouldn't be able to tell you, Avalon's current rules will make the journey to Magica very difficult and Diamond isn't a normal dragon if something bad were to happen to her. Her being a royal dragon will mean an all-out war with the wild dragons and I think we need to avoid that," Lilly said. 

Everyone in the room stopped eating and the queen asked Lilly, "are you planning on avoiding Avalon then?" she asked. 

"I think for now it might be the best option, with the dark creatures and gathering of the ancient mythical creatures. Facing Avalon and their rules is the last on the list though I admite it might be me that's avoiding Avalon becasue of what happened," Lilly said. 

"I can only imagine what your mother will be thinking having received the message that her daughter is alive but refusing to come and see her," the queen said. 

It's not that I am refusing your highness it's just I need to think about Diamond first. If something were to happen to her country like your own will be forced to fight not only the dark creatures but the wild dragons as well. I will visit my family at some point but dealing with the dark creatures comes first," Lilly said. 

"Where do they even come from you suppose?" the queen asked. 

Lilly remained quiet for a while thinking before replying. "They always seem to appear out of nowhere and every time I encounter a dark creature it seems stronger than before. We were lucky that the last one wasn't willing to fight us," Lilly said. 

"That was lucky but what are we going to do if the next one is even stronger?" the crown prince asked. 

"That I am not sure of but I hope we will find an answer in Magica," Lilly said. 

"There is a reason for all this to happen but I don't think the answer is in Magica?" the king said. 

"What do you mean father?" Leo asked. 

"Just what I am saying, ever since Diamond's egg hatched the dark creatures have become stronger than ever. Maybe the answer is with Diamond herself," the king suggested. 

"I will talk to her but the dark creatures were around before her egg hatched in Avalon's forbidden forest I defeated a few of them though they were not all this strong," Lilly said. 

Lilly ate her breakfast quietly and didn't say any more about the subject until she left the palace and went looking for Diamond. 

She stopped the moment she saw Diamond being in chains. "What is going on here?" she demanded. 

"The king ordered her to be chained up and we had to watch her," a guard said. 

Lilly looked at Diamond and asked, "do you know anything about the dark creatures' origins?"

Diamond looked at her rider and said, "the origin of the dark creatures is un known but there is one that might be able to help," Diamond said. 

"Who is that?" Lilly asked. 

"The keeper or as we dragons call him, the story teller. He might know something," Diamond said. 

"How do we find him?" Lilly asked. 

"As far as I know he died during the last war," Diamond said.