Episode 9 - Akumatized

Felix sidestepped and dodged, avoiding the devious little moth with all his might. The one insect alone was not enough to capture him. However, Scarlet Moth knew this and released a swarm. When the hoard of purple insects caught Felix's eye, he froze in horror, suddenly realizing he was unavoidably doomed.

They came from all sides. One burrowed into his tie, another into his cufflinks, into his vest, his shirt, his shoes. His face turned red as Scarlet Moth's power grew inside him. He grabbed his head, shaking it vigorously to no avail. There was no fighting it now.

He collapsed on the floor, still trying to ward off Scarlet Moth's power in vain. He struggled and writhed on the ground, all to the amusement of his uncle, who shook with laughter.

The magic spread over his entire body, and he went limp. His mind filled with a blank rage as he surrendered to Scarlet Moth's will. His appearance did not change. This time, Gabriel's power would be working incognito.

"Felix," Scarlet Moth's voice rang through the room like the sound of gunfire. Felix lay still, his eyes clouded, his mind a void.

"I am giving you the power to transform into a wolf villain. You will attack Ladybug and Chat Noir constantly when they are distracted and retrieve their miraculouses. You will then bring the miraculouses to me. I don't care how you do it. Even if you have to kill them, I want those miraculouses. Understand?"

"Yes, Scarlet Moth," Felix replied, his voice monotone.

"Good. Now continue your life as normal, with an added activity of seizing every possible opportunity to get those miraculouses."

The redness from his face faded as Gabriel withdrew his immediate control. As directed, he got to his feet and walked out the door. The world swayed as he was assaulted with a dizzy spell. His head spun and he clung to the stair railing for balance.

It took a lot of effort to reach his room. When he managed to get there, he pushed on until he could safely fall onto his bed, not even noticing the rest of the room. The world was fleeting, sliding away from his as he was swiftly stolen into unconsciousness.

Never in akumazation history has someone been charged with so many akumas at once. Not even Hawkmoth could know how this would end.

***

"Wow, that's so pretty, Marinette!" Tikki exclaimed, watching as Marinette crafted a red sequined dress with a black sash. She'd always been talented in the fashion department. In her notebook she had a variety of drawings. It wasn't long ago when she had made a hat for Adrien to wear at his father's fashion show.

Marinette loved designing. She wanted it to be her profession, but she feared being a superhero might make her dreams a little difficult to achieve.

But now she was focused on the positives. She was here, no one was akumatized, and she was doing something she loved. She'd started working on the dress months before and had just then decided to drag it out and finish the piece.

When it was finally complete, she stepped back and admired her work. It was beautiful. Tikki definitely thought so.

"Marinette, that's gorgeous!" she told her holder animatedly. "You should wear it to school."

"No... it's too much," Marinette protested, although deep down, she did want to wear it. She imagined Adrien seeing her in that dress. He'd never be able to tear his eyes away. He'd look at her like he did Kagami.

"Besides," she continued, "All my friends expect me to show up in my normal clothes." She shook off her jealous thoughts like she'd shoulder off a wet jacket.

"You're a fashion designer," Tikki reminded her, "But you barely ever wear anything you make."

"Maybe later, okay?" she replied.

"I'm not going to pressure you, Marinette," Tikki responded. Marinette hung the dress. Then she changed her clothes to ready herself for bed. After a quick check on the computer to ensure there was still no akumatized victim, she approached the bed.

The pictures of Adrien plastered all over her wall caught her eye. She didn't love him anymore, she couldn't. He loved Kagami, Kagami loved him, and the least she could do was be happy for the pair.

Vigorously, she ripped all reminders of Adrien Agreste off her wall.