𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚅𝙸𝙸𝙸

It had been 5 years since that tragic accident. Criston had it pretty rough after killing Joffrey. I was not able to see him that day, Harwin wouldn't let me. On the following day, I went to see him and he simply broke down on my shoulder. He explained me everything that went down. From him already being angry because of Rhaenyra's wedding, to Joffrey threatening that he knew his secret, to killing him, to then leaving and before he tried to kill himself, Alicent showing up. I immediately started crying once he told me he thought he had no other option but to end his life. I could not want to leave this life without my best friend. That would just be pure hell.

Ever since then, Criston and Alicent had been really good friends. Even though I did feel jealous at first, I had to remind myself that she saved his life. After that, Alicent forgave all his sins, allowing him to live. If she hadn't done that, he would have probably been killed in a more vile way, so for that, I was thankful.

Alicent had also been acting strange... perhaps more colder towards us. With Aegon being 9 years of age, I felt like she was trying to do what she said she never would: try little by little to make Aegon King. Since Viserys was too sick to even comprehend the manipulation she was doing, he just let it be. Hopefully, she would not be successful at making him King. I wouldn't allow it, Viserys wouldn't allow it, Rhaenyra wouldn't allow it, and I knew that Daemon would not allow it either. I knew that even if he was not heir to the Throne, he would rather his dear niece to be Queen than Aegon.

Daemon was... a complicate matter, to say the least. Ever since he vanished from the wedding, I never saw him again. Rhaenyra told me that apparently he came to King's Landing once, but I did not see him. It hurt, to say the least. Even though I was not sure if I was being completely truthful about him marrying me, it still hurt that I told him that, he never once looked back... not once. It was hurtful, but I suppose that was just who Daemon was. I knew how he was. I should not have been so easily deceived by him. I learned from my mistakes, so I suppose it was a needed reality check.

On the positive side of things, Ser Harwin and I were... together, I would say. We had grown closer ever since that night. We would go for walks, we would visit Syrax, we would train together... and after a while I felt like some feelings started developing. I mean, can you blame me? He was funny, he was kind, he was handsome, he was easy to talk to... he was everything you would want in a man.

Rhaenyra also fell in love... with Harwin's younger brother, Harold. Harold was the sweetest man I had ever met, and Rhaenyra was head over heels for him. He knew they could never get married, but it did not matter as long as they were together. That was bloody sweet if you asked me. Rhaenyra had two sons since the wedding, and they were clearly Harold's. I would never expose her, but unfortunately, it was noticeable. Her children were born with black hair... both Rhaenyra and Laenor have platinum hair. It was meant to cause trouble, since only Harwin and I knew about their agreement.

Two years ago, my father had passed away. My mother became depressed ever since, and asked me to go to Winterfell as much as I could to help her with Cregan. Ever since father died, my uncle, Bennard who no one was particularly fond of, became Lord of Winterfell because my brother was not yet of age, as he was only thirteen at the time. Even though my mother asked me to step in and become Lady of Winterfell, I chose to stay in King's Landing by the Targaryens. There was much to do South before I could even start thinking about moving North.

With that being said, at the moment, I was on my last day in Winterfell before returning to King's Landing. Instead of Ser Harold coming with me as usual, it was Ser Harwin. Even though he was a knight of the City Watch, he spoke with Ser Harold and they switched places until we returned.

"I cannot believe you are leaving us so early." My mother said sadly as she held my hands.

"I know, mother... but I am needed in King's Landing, you know this." I told her.