𝙱𝙾𝙽𝚄𝚂 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙸

Daemon and I had been married for 1 day. We were now saying our goodbyes to everyone in King's Landing, since we would be moving to Dragonstone with Rhaenyra.

"I cannot believe it actually happened... you two are finally married." Viserys said smiling widely at us.

"It was tough, but I finally managed to convince her." Daemon said as he wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

"That is not true." I said as I hit his arm, making Viserys laugh at us. "You want to know something? At Rhaenyra and Laenor's wedding, I actually told Daemon to marry me and left me, so..." I told Viserys.

Viserys then looked at Daemon wide eyed, clearly without having a clue of the situation.

"I thought she would be better without me." He said as he rose his hands in surrender. "But, thankfully, that is all in the past. I am now wedded to you, and will compensate for all those years apart." He told me lovingly before kissing my head.

"I am still not used to seeing you two together like this, but I must say I am a fan. It will give everyone around you less headaches than before, that is for sure." Viserys stated humourlessly.

"Oh come on, we were not that bad!" I tried to defend.

"In what universe, Marianne?" Viserys asked before the three of us started laughing.

Viserys let out a content sigh before looking at us sadly.

"Are you positive you want to leave? You are welcome to stay here. This is your home just as much as it is mine." Viserys told me.

"We are positive, brother. After everything that happened in these last few days, I do not think it would good for us to stay." Daemon told him.

"As much as I want the children to get along, this was just too much. Besides, I do not think we are welcomed by your Queen, so we must get out of your hair." I told him as I spared a glance at Alicent.

Alicent was a couple feet away from us, giving us the side eye as we spoke. The usual.

"You do know that I am the one that gives orders here, do you not?" Viserys asked me with a smile.

"I know." I said smiling back. "It is just the best for now. I promise we will visit, though."

"You better." Viserys said before pulling Daemon and I in for a hug. "I love you both... very much."

Those words hit hard. I could not remember the last time Viserys spoke those words to me, but I would never forget this moment. I hated that our departure would be causing him pain, but we could not stay there... not with Alicent acting out. As much as I loved Viserys, I had to think about the children's safety... I mean, she was aiming for Luke before Rhaenyra stopped her. Who would be able to guarantee me that she wouldn't try to take his eye out in his sleep? My trust issues would never allow me to rest here with my children, so it was best to leave.

After we pulled away from Viserys, he grabbed Alex, who had been standing quietly next to Dakota, a couple feet away from us. The maids already had Ed in the wagon, so he was safe.

While Viserys said his goodbyes to my son, I looked to his side, where stood Aegon, Helaena, and Aemond, in line, waiting for their turn.

"Aegon." I said as I stood in front of the boy.

"You're really leaving?" He asked me sadly.

"I am... I cannot stay here. Not after that." I told him.

Aegon was smart, I knew he understood, but I also knew it hurt him. I knew that he needed me, and I wished I could bring him with me, but we all knew that was not possible.