Flipped Switch

Alexandria's POV

As soon as we allowed baby Gilbert out of his room we all piled into the car and headed for Seattle. There has been a recent spike of death in the city and that led to one conclusion. Vampires. Which kind? Didn't really matter to Alexandria as long as it helped reveal the rest of the map. Alexandria was speeding incredibly fast down the highway. Not that it bothered any of the siblings. But apparently it made baby Gilbert uncomfortable.

Jeremy: Do you have to go so fast?

Alexandria glanced at him in the rearview mirror and a smirk grew on her face.

Alexandria: Why? Not like you'll die from it anyway.

She hummed as she sped up impossibly faster.

Jeremy: Maybe not me but the other humans on the road can!

Alexandria rolled her eyes and turned up the music to drown out the sound of his voice for the remainder of the ride.

××××××

It was now dark out and they were walking the streets of Seattle.

Elijah: So, what is the plan, dear sister?

Alexandria smirked and then used her tribrid speed to run off. Elijah sighed as they waited for his sister to come back. If she came back. But not even a minute later Alexandria was right in front of them with one of those fairy vampires in her grip and a smirk on her face.

Alexandria: Baby Gilbert? Do you have the urge to kill him?

They all watched Jeremy's behavior. He was gritting his teeth, his fists were clenching and unclenching, and his body was almost stiff. He was fighting back the urge to kill him. The smirk on Alexandria's face grew wider then she shoved the fairy in his direction. He must've caught the smell of baby Gilbert's blood because he ran towards him as if he was starving.

But before he could sink his teeth into Jeremy Gilbert, the young hunter was faster pulling out a stake and shoving it into his chest. He pushed up casing the stake to rip his top half, in half. The fairy vampire crumbled like a statue onto the ground and Jeremy threw a match at his body, catching it ablaze. Jeremy seemed to snap out of a trance as he took a step back and gasped.

Jeremy: W-what was that? And how did I know how to kill it?

Alexandria smirked as she explained the difference between the very first vampires, them. Then the ones who were made by a greedy witch who only wanted eternal beauty, thus creating the generic fairy vampires. Unlike them, they had no blood, didn't need to breath, didn't have a heart beat, they sparkled in the sun for bloody sake. They were practically jokes to the original vampire line. Which is why we either avoided them like the plague or we killed them for sport. She also managed to fill them in on their plans that she compelled out of the vampire just before she brought him back with her.

They had managed to find their way to a club as they talked amongst themselves. Alexandria compelled the bar tender to give them all drinks. Right after he set down their drinks and walked off Jeremy decided to speak up.

Jeremy: So, we're going to let them keep building their army?

Jeremy asked as he sipped on his beer. Elijah hummed.

Elijah: Well, you said the map grew when you killed him and there's too many witnesses here, just the three of us won't be able compel them all. If their destination is Forks then it's much smaller and may be easier to keep things concealed.

Elijah turned to face his sisters with his glass in the air.

Elijah: Smart plan dear sister. We barley have to lift a finger.

Alexandria smirked as she raised her glass then downed her drink. She stood up and glanced at the dance floor then turned to her sister.

Alexandria: Care to join me for a snack?

××××××

The next few days seemed to fly by. That may have been due to the fact that Alexandria was completely wasted and high majority of the time. Eventually Elijah made them return to Forks on Thursday to help baby Gilbert get ready for the army of fairies.

As soon as they returned Alexandria started day drinking and then she grew bored as she grew drunk. She sighed and grabbed her larger flask then filling it to the rim. She pushed it into her back pocket before she made her way to the door. This time Elijah sped into her way.

Elijah: Where are you headed, dear sister?

She rolled her eyes.

Alexandria: Doesn't matter. I'm bored!

Before Elijah could say anything more she sped out of the house. When she stopped she found herself at familiar home. Jacob Black. She rolled her eyes at herself but wandered towards the house but stopped once she realized she hasn't been invited in yet. She changed direction towards the garage and found herself inspecting his things. Pulling out the flask she took a big swig and placed it back into her pocket. She walked towards the car and found herself inspecting it a while longer.

Her head turned in the direction of a sound coming a few miles up the road. Not sure if they were headed this way she sped out of the garage and into town to find something else to do.

Ultimately she found herself at a bar in town downing shots. Why did she come here? She shrugged off the thought since it's the last place Nik will look for them. Not that she cared. She could feel someone's eyes on her before they decided to take a seat by her.

Derek: I'll take Whiskey on the rocks and get the lady another glass of whatever she's having.

He turned to her with a smirk on his face.

Derek: Derek.

She downed the rest of her drink right before the bar tender brought over their drinks. She picked up the next glass and turned in his direction. He looked to be tall, muscular but not too buff, dark brown hair, bright green eyes, slightly tan with light freckles scattered across his cheeks, and he was dressed in a suit. She didn't hide the fact that she was checking him out. In fact the human seemed to enjoy it. She could hear his heart beat speed up with anticipation and this caused a smirk to grace her face.

Alexandria: Alexandria.