02

Grian's Pov

"Grian? You actually got here in time!" Mumbo, my mustached friend said as I walked in and sat at the table next to him. "I did, Im gonna try to get to school in time this year" I said proudly then smiled as Iskall walked and sat at the table next to Mumbo on the other side. "I don't think its possible for you, mate" Iskall giggled as I glared at him.

"Hello class" The teacher smiled at us, still standing in the doorstep. She walked in and placed down her bag on her table. "I want to-"
"Hello!" Caleb and Matthew walked into class, late as always. The teacher sighed as they walked to their usual seats, always behind me. "Good morning, Batchelor" Matthew grinned at me. I just ignored him and turned back to the teacher.

(To those who don't know: Grian's last name is Batchelor)

"As I was saying, I want to introduce our new classmate, who will be joining us this year" The teacher smiled at the door. We all turned to the door as an elf walked in. I titled my head. It was the same guy from last night. He stood next to the teacher nervously, confusion written all over his scared face. He rubbed the back of his head, pushing his long brown hair behind his spicky ears while doing that.

Scar's Pov

"Everyone, this is Scar" the teacher smiled at me. I glanced between her and the students in front of me. "Oh, uh... I-Is this the part where I have to introduce myself?" I muttered, and she nodded in respond. "Im Scar, I uhm... moved here from a forest a few miles away and... uh..." I started looking around at all the faces around me.

And just then, my eyes met the same baby blue eyes from last night. we locked eyes for a moment, it seemed like time had stopped. So He is my age. He's even in my class. "Scar?" I flinched as the teacher called my name, snapping me back to reality. "Oh, uh... T-thats it" I smiled awkwardly and rubbed the back of my head again.

"Scar? What a weird ass name" The guy behind the parrot asked. "Uhm..." I muttered. he and the guy next to him laughed as my eyes saddened. "Shut it, Caleb" my neighbour glared at him. "Turn around before I'll end you, Grian" The guy next to him said, glaring back at the avian.

"Silence!" The teacher yelled. "Scar, honey, go sit at the table next to Grian" The teacher smiled at me. "Grian, can you raise your hand?" Grian, my neighbour, raised his hand. I couldn't help but smile as I walked and sat next to him. After that, the teacher started the lesson. I glanced at Grian and saw that he was looking at me. I felt my cheeks heating up slightly. "Thank you" I whispered to him. He smiled at me softly. "Of course. He's a jerk" he giggled quietly as I smiled and turned back to the teacher.

• • •

I walked into the cafeteria and bought myself something to eat. I grabbed my tray and looked around, not knowing where to sit. I sighed and walked to the first free table I found, setting my tray there before sitting down.

"Scar?" I heard someone calling my name. I looked up and saw that it was Grian. "Why are you sitting here all alone?"
"Uhm.." I mumbled, not really knowing how to answer the parrot's question. "Come sit with me and my friends" he said. He started walking away as I grabbed my tray and stood up.

"I don't wanna be a burden" I said, walking after the avian. He snorted. "You're not" he said before stopping next to a table. "Hey guys" Grian smiled at the people. "Hey G. Who's that?" A girl with a pair of white wings asked Grian. "This is the new student I told you about" a mustached guy, who I think is in our class told her.

"Were missing a chair..." Grian mumbled. "Oh, I'll go grab one" I said, but Grian grabbed my hand, stopping me from going. "No need" he said. "Mumbo" He walked to the guy with the mustache, who im assuming is Mumbo, and smiled at him. "Move" he pushed Mumbo off his chair. "Grian!" Mumbo half yelled as Grian motioned me to sit. I smiled awkwardly and sat down.

"Where am I supposed to sit then??" Mumbo glared at Grian as he sat down next to me. "Share a seat with Iskall for all I care" Grian said and glared back at mumbo. That answer made Mumbo's cheeks turn cherry pink. "I'll go grab a chair" Mumbo sighed. After that I learned everybody's names; Iskall, Mumbo, Pearl, Impulse, Bdubs, Etho, Cleo, Cub and Ren.

• •

I walked out of the school building while doing my homeworks. This day seem longer than it actually is. I wonder- "Boo!"
"OhHaA!" I dropped my homework as I heard laugher from behind me. I turned around and sighed when I saw that it was Grian. "Oh, Grian! You scared the life out of me" I giggled as he continued laughing. "S-sorry... sorry" he said through the laughter. He crouched and picked up my homeworks.

"Are you doing homework on the way home?" He asked then chuckled as I nodded. "I want to finish it before I get home" We kept talking about random things until we reached our houses. "Before you go... Uhh... can I have your number?" I asked, feeling unnecessarily embarrassed. Grian giggled. "I was about to ask the same question" he said, pulling out his phone. "Its xx-xxx-xxxx" I gave him my phone number. "Goodbye, I'll text you later!" Grian said and rushed toward his house. I just smiled and waved goodbye to my new friend.