Disguise

3rd pov

Leo is the 5th of the Demonhart series, his ability being super growth, forever getting better and better at everything he does. Of course, he was modeled after humans, or at least, he was supposed to be. One of the humans that created his form made a mistake, added an ingredient, a spell, a something they should not have, and so despite the fact Leo looks more or less human, he knows he is not. After all, part of the reason he lives to be 3000 years old is indeed the engine that powers him, but it's also because his species has a naturally longer life span anyways.

He's had disguise magic on him since the very beginning, to hide the features a panicking human had made, and not even he or his ability can get rid of it, since the humans that created him placed a strict barrier on the spell, giving it an immunity to his magic and his ability in general. Nothing he's ever done has managed to get the spell to break, not a single damn thing, and he's tried a great deal of things to see them. He's curious, after all, he has never seen them either and he would like to. He can feel them, is hyper aware of them because he can not see them, but otherwise they are just like any other limb he has... he thinks so, at least.

So when he challenges Echidna and the four Generals, he expects to die, but they refuse to kill him, instead they offer him a hand, asking him to join them as himself, not as a Hero, but as Leo, the 3000 year old person that he is. He takes Echidna's hand, lets her pull him up - and then stumbles when something transfers from her to him, a pulse of pain going through him, a white haze covering his vision for a moment, before it's like nothing happened. Except, the others are all staring at him in shock and he's not entirely certain why.

"Um, are you guys ok?"

"Leo... I thought you said you were human!"

"I never said I was human. I am a bioweapon, created by humans."

"Did something go wrong, because all the records say the hero is a human, so there must be a reason for this." Shutina asks, because why the hell else would those have appeared on him otherwise.

"I mean, yeah. The idiot who was making me was panicking, so they did something wrong, an ingredient or spell that wasn't supposed to be there. They put disguise magic on me as soon as it happened, and they told me what race I was technically why?" He tilts his head, wondering why his balance -which was already pretty good - feels so much better.

"What race did they say you were, because I feel like that will clear everything up." Mernes asks, staring at something above his head, but the women on his other side are shorter than him, what the hell?

"Well, it was a pretty long time ago, but they told me I was a demon, didn't specify which kind, just a demon, so don't even try to say I'm insulting you." Leo points a finger at them, more than aware there's some kind of society hierarchy thing that he's never been able to get all that much information on.

"Yeah... Did you ever see why they put the disguise spell on you?" Echidna asks.

"Not a damn clue. Are we done with all the questions?"

"Let's get you back to the castle first, a room with a mirror." Edvard responds, looking at his back, which is far warmer than it was before whatever Echidna had just done. Had she done something? The man sighs, he's exhausted and he would really like to just... sleep for a while, but he can do as they ask. He teleports them into the castle, easily picking a room with a mirror, uncaring of where it is or which one it is either. With a groan, he stumbles, because he had used more power than he meant to and the dispelling of the disguise magic had done something to him, but he's not sure what.

He starts for the couch, more than ready to just lie down and sleep - healing a wound that big had taken more energy than he expected - when a hand grabs his wrist, stopping him completely. He moans in annoyance and frustration, but opens his eyes and turns to find out what they could possibly want. Echidna is staring at him with wide eyes, though she's more staring above him than anything, which is really annoying.