Glitch

3rd pov

Leo knows some of his systems are malfunctioning and not quite right after several thousand years, but it's like he can just find the time or parts to fix himself, especially not since he would be required to go into a sort of stasis that would last for at least 5 months, if not a year completely, just to make sure he's working at the same output as when he was made, with his obvious personality and everything from the last 3000 years still there. He had planned on talking to the Generals and Queen about it, hoping they might have an idea or something really, because he knows that the repairs and fixes need to happen, but he has nothing, because he has no safe place anywhere, didn't have any place until recently.

Of course, his body, system and pure total bad luck are against him, which causes the incident that has him now sitting on his bed, head bowed, bandages wrapped around his bare chest, fiddling with his fingers as the Generals quietly patch themselves up and Echidna keeps an eye on him. He had not meant to do anything, but he woke up with dots going across his vision and assumed it was something that would easily clear up, so he left it alone, going about his day as he usually would. He'd stopped noticing the dots once they receded to the edges of his vision and stayed there, barely blocking his sight, let alone bothering his work. He'd been helping Shutina, all the other Generals and Echidna gathered for a meeting, when he'd felt the way he'd twitched, his entire system stopping for a moment, and then he'd acted without thought, without any way to stop himself, as his hands moved swiftly and clenched around the mage's neck.

Mernes shouts in surprise at the move, jumping forward to stop the man, but Leo - with that unerring and swift power - raises a leg and easily kicks the man away, not holding back the slightest if the crack and thud as he hits the wall and collapses are anything, let alone Shutina's gasps as she claws at his hands. Edvard moves next, grabbing his arms and trying to pull him away, not surprised when the man barely moves an inch but still trying, especially as Lily starts going for his knees, which he barely buckles but it still grabs some of his attention, which is what Echidna was waiting for, as she charges in and kicks him in the stomach. To their surprise - and slight horror - the attack lands and does serious damage, several loud cracks ringing through the air as he's sent sliding backwards, his grip jerked from the woman's neck, and then he falls to his knees, a hand clutching at his stomach, but there's something stiff to his movements all of a sudden.

Mernes groans as he shifts and then sits up, wincing as his arm - broken - shifts, wiping at the blood leaking down from the wound on his head, before turning to assess the situation. Shutina is managing to keep Leo contained in some sort of magic, while Edvard is attempting to talk to him, Lilly is obviously trying to smell if he's been tampered with or something, while Echidna is simply staring at him, something in her eyes that almost promises danger, except they can all tell this isn't quite Leo, since those red eyes that are usually a comfort - despite the fact they used to be scary due to being on opposing sides - are not quite the right shade anymore, looking darker, pupils not quite right either, both dilated though not completely. "Shit, he's from the mechanical age, right? Do we even have the things we might need to help him?" Shutina grumbles, bruises already forming around her throat, a bit of blood leaking from a cut on her leg.

"Damn, you're right." Echidna sighs, rubbing her head where there is a huge bruise, ignoring the beads of blood welling up and trailing down her side from a decent cut there. Lily whimpers, making it pretty clear that she isn't catching anything in his scent, or at least, nothing new to explain this. "Well, is it possible he's malfunctioning?" Edvard turns his attention from the mostly motionless man, trying to ignore any guilt at the bruises blooming along his arms, because it was necessary. "It certainly is." Mernes stumbles over from the wall, wincing as they set their arm on the table and start palpating to decide how bad of a break it is. They keep trying to figure out the best way to help Leo, leaving him in confinement, since his ability seems to not be working or at least at a lower degree, so they see no reason to keep an eye on him.