02

Jimin was hungry. And it was something he couldn't control or if ever he decided to let it aside—he knew he would break into a wild beast that kills everything he sees even if he held in it.

It was terrible when it first happened—terrifying even. But slowly, Jimin got used to it, and every time it occurs—that grumbling feeling inside his stomach like the living monster inside him that stubbornly claws its way out of his flesh—Jimin knew what he wanted. It is something bloody, juicy, and fleshy. Something like... meat.

He broke into a gravelly growl and dropped to the ground. His body trembled uncontrollably as the sensation grew stronger and took on a more familiar form. Jimin felt himself slipping away, and the red hue like a swallowing haze was closing in at the edge of his vision. His nerves are expanding and growing bigger, ripping out of his shirt. Teeth sharpening and claws pricking out of his tips. And he was covered with white fur that lay in different silly directions.

The wolf's ears raised sharply on point as a soft pad of tiny paws could be heard skipping on the doughy snow. Jimin could hear it three miles from where it is, looking like a lost mouse in the woods. But it is something bigger than a mouse and smaller than a cat, and its nose sniffs in the wet air of any possible danger that could be just hiding beneath the ground or behind the wood. Abruptly, the wolf ran into the woods, fast and gone into the trees like a little patch of light.

He shadowed beyond the tree. His sharp amber eyes, which glow a hundred shades of gold reflecting in the dying light of the faltering sun, drilled onto the hopping meat.

There, in the middle of the snowfield, clueless about the malicious eyes watching him from the shadow, was a rabbit. Young and innocent desperately trying to find a way out of the clustered trees. Poor rabbit, it has no idea of the white fangs gaping widely and ready to tear him into two worthless pieces. Poor rabbit, indeed.

The wolf was about to leap toward its prey—when suddenly, he heard heavy footsteps coming closer. Cautiously, he dragged his feet back as silent as a shadow and hid behind the wooden wall, and listened closely.

Wolves don’t have eyebrows, not like people do. But the wolf furrowed at the familiar form of the new visitor. Jimin had never been so certain about one thing, but this time—he was certain of what he saw.

It was a human.

A beautiful human with the skin color of snow.

***
And he ate the human. The end.

Ps. This chapter is shorter than my patience, so I will be posting another one tomorrow.