10

Yoongi felt the cold pinching through his toes. He was standing on an empty field, all white and wet. He couldn't see anything and thought at first he was turning blind-but as he looked at his arm, Yoongi saw the mint sleeve wrapped warmly around his arm like a colubrid snake resting richly on the branch.

He couldn't see half of his body as they were buried in the fog but Yoongi could still feel the occasional sharp pinch in his feet, assuring it wasn't gone.

Yoongi thought he heard a voice calling from a distance. He listened again to make sure he wasn't hearing things. It was impossible for the wind to blow as there weren't any trees around, but it did. And with its firm whoosh, it carried the voice towards him. So quiet that it might not even real.

He followed the smoke, letting his feet drag him somewhere only God knows. The haze was caressing his damp face with their slender white fingers ever so lightly like a ghost kiss. Further down, Yoongi saw something glinting behind the fog.

"Huh?" His forehead creased in confusion. His brain began to wonder what could it be and before he could think of something, the answer stood before him. It was a door and a dazzling light was coming from it.

Yoongi squinted his eyes, trying to make out shapes but it was impossible. Very slowly, he stepped inside, and the next thing he knew he was home.

***

His eyes began to twitch, sporadically, the flashes of images flickered in his vision. Yoongi grumbled under his breath, slightly opening his eyes. His head was pounding as if it was been squeezed multiple times and with the juices flows his memories away.

Leisurely, the shapes sharpened to the edges and it seemed like some sort of smog had been wiped out of his eyes as the images becomes clear. A cluster of faces looked down at him. Crumpled with fret.

"What happened?" Was the first word to slip from his dry lips. He jerked his gaze from one face to the next for someone to help him but they were just as confused as he is.

Mother, Father, and Henry exchanges look, battling about who should tell Yoongi what happened.

"Don't you remember anything?" Mr. Min decided to take the action. Yoongi shifted his gaze onto the rabbit, who looked at him bovinely whilst it moved its nose onto the air. It looked clueless. Neither the rabbit knew what happened to him. How would it know? It was just a silly rabbit in a stupid cage.

"No, all I remember was-I was walking into the woods, and then I heard a sound. But then, I don't know what happened next and I just knew I was on this stupid bed," said Yoongi, his words stumbling over one another as he tried to recall everything but his memory was blocked with some sort of brick.

Mr. Min took a deep breath before speaking, "Henry found you unconscious outside the cabin when he was on his way to the town. Considered yourself lucky because the wolves and beers didn't find you. If they did, you're probably being cooked inside their intestine by now," Mr. Min rebuked.

Yoongi quivered and that's when it hit him.

The wolves...

The crazy man...

The dead body...

Fear crawled up his skin and wrapped its cold tentacles around him. Yoongi looked at his father shaking his head, a habit he does when something disappoints him. Yoongi didn't want to tell his parents about the crazy man or the wolves who'd saved him-considering that even if he explains it to them they won't believe him. But Yoongi doesn't care if they believe him or not. He fears more that if Father heard about the wolves, the possibility of him hunting them to death was not quite far from the truth. It's either the wolves die or him.

Yoongi didn't want any of that to happen, so he decided to keep it secret. He never dares to mention it to his parents and they seem to forget about it too long after that day.

The week went just as how Yoongi wanted it to be. No woods, no wolves, no crazy man. Yoongi was trying so hard to forget about it-he was good at forgetting things. Mrs. Min says it was the thing he was good at. So Yoongi forgot about it quite easily like how he forgot to fold his laundry and put it in his closet.

The days are going perfectly fine. Until one night...

The moon was fierce, and vengefully casting its curse on the town's selfish land. Through bedroom shutters, the light peeked inside the bleak room, breaking into the shadow. It was so quiet and menacing, the thick air was muffling the sound of the owl, the crickets, and the bats. Not even the rats in Yoongi's bedroom had spoken a secret-like they always do in the dead moon.

They would whisper in his ears, a secret that is so precious it strictly cannot be told. But the mice are stubborn and they're littering it everywhere, every single piece in his bedroom-but tonight, they only huddled under his bed, scared to slip as though a monster was waiting for them outside. Grab their filthy body and pluck their heads off, and chew on their nasty meat.

As something spindly and cold cupped his face, the young man woke up from his sleep. He looked around his room, merely adjusting to the darkness. Yoongi listened to the night, but he couldn't hear anything but his own heavy breaths. Shaking with anticipation.

The wolves cannot be in his room, are they? They didn't come to eat him, do they?

And for the second time, the horrible thoughts train in his mind chasing after his galloping heart.

As Yoongi adjusted to the darkness, his gaze fell on something standing in the corner of his room like a lamppost. The only difference was it has curves, like a human. Yoongi squinted his eyes and the 'thing' took on more of a familiar form. It was a dark figure of a man. So black it was blending with the darkness.

Yoongi could feel his hands turn cold, his fingers limp, and the blood on his face dried away. But something dazzling caught Yoongi's attention more. Bright and glinting. The golden eyes, staring back at him earnestly as though they had been watching him the whole time he was sleeping. The very thought alone caused the tendrils on Yoongi's skin to freeze on end.

He swallowed a scream and closed his eyes tightly. Pathetically praying the thing will be gone once they open them back.

"You're not real. You're not real. Please be gone. Please be gone. You're not real-" He was rambling, and another second or more Yoongi knew he would explode into torment.

Yoongi felt something move that caused the wind to wash over him. And the moment he opened his eyes, the thing was gone. Yoongi craned his neck towards the window and saw it open. The curtain slung on the soft cold wind.

He jumped onto his feet and hurtled towards the window, almost tripping as he did so. Yoongi heaved. His eyes widened in dread. A cold wave embalmed him as the hairs rose on the back of his neck and his mouth ran dry.

Yoongi saw the fresh footprints leading into the woods. But not the shadow, the glinting light, or a wolf. It was as if it had just vanished off the face of the earth and left only its footprints behind.

The memory of that terrible night will forever live in his left-tainted brain. Eating his flesh from the inside out with the scars of the fraught that clasped around his foot.

****
Hello, luvvies, sorry it took me so long to update this book. I've been very busy with school lately and I'm currently not at the very best point of myself.

It might take me long to update again. I hope you understand:<