03

Yoongi was feeling his way going deeper into the woods. The snow was falling heavily from the snow factory—that's right, Yoongi believed that there was a snow factory above the sky, blocked with thick heavy clouds and it is owned by the snowman. That is what his business is, making ice cream but without cream. Colorless and tasteless but it sold so much to kids.

Yoongi knew it was silly but he believed it anyway. His mother said that nothing is impossible in the world. Even the snow factory and the snowman. If they exist in the minds of believers, surely they exist in the real world too. That's what his mother said, and Yoongi's mother never lied to him.

The glacial winter wind whispering through the leaves. Yoongi heaved steam. The short trees grow bigger and taller as he trudged closer to it. A giant shadow towered over his tiny form. Yoongi waded through the cold fog, expecting something to appear behind the tree. There should be something behind the wooden wall. Yoongi was sure that something was hiding behind it. He imagined it big and ghostly. Oh, that would be so scary then—however, it'll be scarier if he finds nothing at all.

Yoongi thought he heard something moving behind the white velvet. His heart began beating faster against his ribcage. Yoongi couldn't wrap his head around any other thoughts but the beast behind the tree. Waiting for the flick of a wing to leap and eat his foolish head with his shark-like teeth.

He breathes deeply. ‘I do not fear monsters,’ he thought, ‘they should fear me.’

Yoongi walked behind the tree and what he found surprised him. Not in fear but in wonders. The white-furred animal looks up at him with its lost chestnut eyes. The ecstasy of seeing someone that it knew could save him from the cold-biting weather glistened in its chocolate eyes.

Yoongi kneeled down in front of the rabbit. "Hey, what are you doing here in the woods? Are you lost?" He talked to it as gently as if it were going to reply to him. The rabbit hopped closer to him and stared at his ginger eyes, and then, its nose moved.

"Where's your group? Shouldn't you be supposed to travel with your group?" He asked again. If the rabbit could speak, it had answered him already and perhaps, make him feel less insane talking to an animal.

"You must have been left out when you guys are traveling, didn't you?"

After confirming the strange creature wasn't a predator, it hopped onto his lap. Yoongi smiled and rubbed his hand on the rabbit's cold fur and felt it shivering against his touch.

"Are you cold?" He brought the rabbit into his arms in hopes to warm it up. "Oh, you poor thing, I'll bring you home. I can't let you die here alone in cold. I'm sure mom and dad won't mind."

After that, Yoongi went home with the rabbit. It didn't take him long to be home since he left signs in the trees so he won't be lost.

He opened the door to their house and saw his mother cooking in the kitchen. Mrs. Min noticed his son walked in and looked in his direction with the widest smile on her face that Yoongi thought was strange since he'd never seen that smile on his mother's face before.

"Oh, you're home and you brought a cottontail with you," said Mrs. Min.

"It's a rabbit, mom, not a cottontail," Yoongi corrected.

"They're just the same, dear," replied Mrs. Min.

"No, they definitely aren't. Yeah, they both eat carrots but they aren't the same," Yoongi emphasized.

"Whatever you say, dear."

"By the way, can we keep it?"

Yoongi's mother beamed. "Sure, only if you promise to clean its mess by yourself."