04

Yoongi woke up in his bed.

A bright smile widely spread on his face at the idea of spending his day in his friend's house as soon as his mind came to consciousness. However, as the wet air hit his nose—his smile slowly faltered until it completely faded like a white wisp in the mist.

Yoongi opened his eyes. The smell of haze, the sickening whiteness of his room, and the rattling sound of the metal cage told him where he had woken up. He looked towards the window and saw the snow falling onto his window pane. This time, it was thicker than the ones yesterday, and they raced faster than the rain like magical birds eager to land on their feet.

Yoongi settled on a plan of exploring the woods. He'd not reached the end of it yet, with the voice of his father reminding him of the wolves and bears in the woods, Yoongi desperately whims to find its end. He thought of something wonderful and fabulous to find in the woods, laying luxuriously and shining elegantly against the sun was a treasure. Perhaps, it could be something to love. Or it could also be that thing Yoongi knew he would not only love but also keep like an oath.

...If there was something like that thing.

Yoongi looked at his reflection and stared back at him, was a boy whose eyes were dark and cold like ice. Yoongi thought he can't go out in the woods wearing his pajama so he changed into black pants and a mint sweater. He feeds the rabbit and after that, he goes downstairs.

On his way down the stairs, he heard the clinking of the pat and saddle, indicating that someone was cooking in the kitchen. The familiar smell of kimchi revealed the name.

"Hey mom, I'm going to explore outside. I'll be back," he said and Mrs. Min turned to the stairs and saw Yoongi standing there ready in his winter outfit. He held a notebook in his hand and a pen.

His mother smiled sweetly. "Sure, dear, just make sure not to get lost on your way back home."

Yoongi makes his way into the woods with short glances at every tree he passes by. He was walking farther and farther from his home until their house was an ant in his sight.

At this moment, Yoongi was already in the part of the woods where the trees are slimmer and stood closer to each other, and they seemed darker than Yoongi remembered they are yesterday. It was smoky but Yoongi could still see his path, and his path was white and powdery.

He trampled over the snow and it makes a crumpling sound under his feet. The notebook was cold in his hand and the page was empty like a blank leaf. Yoongi doesn't know what he was looking for, as the place had spoken of nothing to him. He felt as if he was walking into nothingness and nothing in his mind but the idea of finding pearls on a hill of stone. Yoongi knew it's silly and incredibly stupid. Who find pearls on a hill of stone anyway? Pearls can only be found in the ocean and nowhere else.

Yoongi felt his legs getting heavier and as he forced himself to walk, the harder they oblige him. He heard a growl and at the same time, he felt his stomach cramp then Yoongi remembered he hasn't eaten yet and he doesn't know what time is it already. Probably nine or ten o'clock, Yoongi wasn't sure but he was only certain about one thing; he'd been walking in this woods for hours already. Getting fed with nothing but cold.

He heard a growl again and thought it came from his stomach—the only thing was it was louder and more aggressive than the first cry. Yoongi heard it again but for the second time, the growl was low and it barked. The sound made Yoongi stop, and as he did so, he heard a rattling of something as though an animal scampering and trying to not get caught by eyes. Yoongi wasn't naive; he could tell the difference between a growl of hunger from a growl of a vermin. He decided it wasn't his stomach—he thought it could be a rabbit again. But then, Yoongi remembered rabbits don't bark and they never do, so it's definitely not a rabbit.

Yoongi's grip around the notebook tightened and his muscles tensed up as the horrible thought invades his mind and it lingered like a glowing Christmas light in his line of vision. The surroundings were so quiet that he could hear the winds whispering in his ears to run. Yoongi closed his eyes and starts breathing slowly, a drop of something warm skids on his frozen face, clipping the last of his thoughts.

Gingerly, he turned around, ready for the death that stood several meters away from him. Yoongi opened his eyes and saw no one. No wolf nor bear. And this somehow lifts a dagger from his chest. He sighed a sigh of relief and held his chest.

"Oh my God, Yoongi, you scared me. There is no such thing as a wolf in the woods. Father was just trying to scare you, you dumb-head," he said to himself and turned his way. Going back to the way where he'd first started and decided it was time for breakfast.

And as his footsteps tailed after him, Yoongi was guileless about the eyes that stalked after his back, observing him silently like an owl lurking in the dark.

***
I'm so sorry for the long wait and I know it's short. You guys deserve better. I promise, I'll make it up to you next time and I won't be lazy anymore🤞🤞

But it's just so hard not to be lazy!!!

I don't feel like doing anything, tbh.